Sinister: The Undergarments Hit the Fan

Mick McMick <> Sandcastle Records bp224996 at xxx.edu
Tue Jan 19 15:19:01 GMT 1999

Hello List,
	In case anyone is wondering where I've been (though I truly doubt
anyone is, humor me) Magnetic Megan has distracted me for a week, and
I'm only now catching up. In fact, if I owe you an e-mail, that is why,
and tonight I endeavour to remedy that situation. Hm, The Weather
Channel reports that we are close to being in flood conditions here.
Lovely.
	So, the first two weeks of 1999 were glorious, and the third was
underwear. Really, hasn't this gone a little bit far? Please stop, or
start an underwear list, as I'm getting dizzy. Nextly, in reply...

Matthew Andrew writes:
> Does anybody else feel Stereolab and Belle & Sebastian are "related?" > I thought I was the only one, or at least the only one in  Texas.  I
> listen to both of them obsessively.  I've just joined your group,
> sorry if I'm repeating things.

	I dunno about "related" (or really what that would entail, exactly) but
I must say the faster session version of Sleep the Clock Around always
reminded me of Stereolab. Maybe that's why they slowed it down and added
bagpipes.

Lesley Jo wrote:
> in the context of what he's
> saying, do all these fun things, because you can and because they're
> cool. but at the end he says "you know the world was made for men, but > not us" --at least that's what i thought he said in Tigermilk, but on > the live one i heard last night, he said "AND not us".
> Does that mean that he's speaking as a girl in the song?  what does
> that mean to anyone out there   who has thought about it?  i'm really > curious what you think, or if i just odnt' know what i'm talking
> about.   Talk amongst yoursellves, i'll wait.

	Well, I for one always thought this was the evidence in support of the
fact that Stuart writes some songs in the perspective of females, or
other people. I think it's a perfectly good example.

Alexis Petridis wrote:
> Does anybody know anything about this dancey versh of B&S? Let me know > if you do. This must be investigated further. Unless Paul Dean's
> taking the piss and I'm being really dim about it. Hmm.

	Maybe they're referring to "Electronic Renaissance"? Idunno about a
version, but it's certainly very dancey, in addition to being lovely.
	And before I leave, I finally got to hear a Hefner song, and was rather
disappointed. Maybe it was a bad example of their songs, I don't know,
but it sounded absolutely nothing like B&S, I will say. Something akin
to the Violent Femmes if you ask me. Or maybe no one was ever saying
they ever sounded like B&S, I can't recall...
	Okay, well I probably have more things to say, but I'm hungry and I
have class soon, so I'd best be off. Ta-ta

 /"\_/"\_/"\  Mick McMick/Sandcastle Records <<->> bp224996 at ohiou.edu
 \         /  Sandcastle Records Homepage:                ICQ#5056758