Sinister: "Men"

Scott Turner Scott_Turner at xxx.COM
Tue Jan 19 16:07:35 GMT 1999

"Lesley Jo wrote:
> in the context of what he's
> saying, do all these fun things, because you can and because they're
> cool. but at the end he says "you know the world was made for men, but >
not us" --at least that's what i thought he said in Tigermilk, but on > the
live one i heard last night, he said "AND not us".

I always loved that ending. I prefer to read it not as Stuart speaking as a
girl (which of course he does alot), but instead as Stuart's worldview as a
bit different than that of a "man". "Man" here being different than simply
"male" (which is having the proper genitalia), but "man" signifying the
common Macho- business - boy -fully -competent-a t-all-things-manly type of
social construction (social gender and genetic sexuality don't need to be
identical). I think stuey and the b&s ethic are a pretty good expression of
something different than the "world made for men". Don't ya think?

.scott