Sinister: That fortunate ending

Arantxa Sanz pcxas at xxx.uk
Tue Jan 19 16:17:54 GMT 1999

Hello sinisterines :

I have been keeping lots of your messages in my Default mailbox in order
not to forget some questions or threads risen in them,but then ,when I
finally post something I keep on forgetting all the quotes I should keep
in mind and just something totally 'unconnected' (or should it be
'disconnected'?) Autism,it is called.

Just something about this topic of the day : and 'Not US'. My critical
interpretation ? I must confess both ideas have come to me when listening
to the song : I sometimes believed the world was not made for men like
little Stu,that's it, men not drooling over the hottest of the
hostest,Melinda,of course,( Louise : I normally needn't wearing any top
too, Melinda can't,ho ho ho!) and not spending the whole of the weekly
wage on Newcastle pints on Friday nights while telling dirty jokes.Other
times, 'US' was closest to the meaning of 'women', and I don't know if I
am in a feminist mood today, but that's my final conclusion about it.

'And not US' is said, but 'And not for US' , so we are not made for men,
while the world is. It sounds like some embittered (with good reasons to
be embittered,probably)spinster advising a young broken heart girl.Like
Miss Havisham bringing up Estella before she was old enough to get her
heart broken by anyone. But embittered and all, there is something really
touching in that line , as well as in Miss Havisham's character.We descend
from a world where nothing was left to women, no opportunities, no
pleasures, no choices...Leslie Jo's signature is there to remind us those
lovely repressed times

Nothing else after my Modern Girl speech, eh?

Promise to be 'lighter' next time

Tu chica ye-ye

Arantxa