Sinister: Can't think of one.

Gary Done gary at xxx.uk
Tue Jan 19 19:09:35 GMT 1999

Hello all,

Mr John "JJ" Johnston wrote...

>"This weekend I have been mostly listening to .... Lloyd Cole" and very
>nice it was too. But listening to "Are you ready to be heartbroken"
>prompted a question in my mind...  who was Arthur Lee and what were his
>records like? I'm sure you can put me straight.

I liked the boy Coles work with the Commotions, damn fine and very under
rated band that they were, but had to give up on his solo stuff after I
found "Don't Get Weird on me Babe" to be amongst the worst records ever
made.

As for Arthur Lee, well Weeweejay beat me too it, but it brought back tales
of a journalist who's name escapes me, who followed Arthur around the UK
while he was on tour. They were on the way to Liverpool of all places when
they had to pull over to get petrol (that's gas for the non UK birthed
members of the list). After pulling into the motorway services, Arthur
stepped out of the van, pulled off one of the two pairs of shades he was
wearing that day and said something along the lines of, "So this is where
the Beatles are from then, far out". He never was the full quid apparently.

Bye bye everybody, bye bye

Gary