Sinister: interesting post about B&S on a "drone music' list

OLDSCHREC at xxx.com OLDSCHREC at xxx.com
Wed Jan 20 02:56:17 GMT 1999

<<>
>Finally, if someone really wants to take issue, why hasn't anyone
mentioned the appearance of
>Belle & Sebastian in each of the last two year's top tens?  I like them
a lot, but they're
>certainly not drone (and a lot less drone than NMH).  But if a
cross-section of our subscribers
>find them of value, that in itself says something worth documenting.
>
>Man does not live on drone alone,
>
>Glen

B & S not drone?  Fair enough, but I just directed their music video for
"dirty dream number two" and snuck in portraits of Scott Spillane,
Julian Koster, Robbie Music Tapes, Will Cullen Hart, and the newly
contoversial Jeff Mangum as a ghost, which should significantly up their
drone credentials.  Or not, as some posters would argue.  Seriously
though, it should begin airing in France and Italy soon, and if Matador
decide to push it in the states I will post again for anyone curious to
see it.