Sinister: what's your favorite animal?

Graham MacArthur macarthur at xxx.com
Wed Jan 20 12:28:23 GMT 1999

well, hello there again....

nearly too scared to write again but i thought I'd pop my head round the
door and slip this post in while I'm still in teendom.
I love stories about other people's travels, as it reminds you of your own.
Bill Bryson is proving hard to get into, i wonder has anyone on the list
read all of his travel books? I've just started on the brit book.....maybe
Bill Bryson is a little flat for sinisterines? I was biting my lip to stop
from laughing while reading it sitting on the tube on saturday, wondering
if anyone noticed. People don't seem to like it if you show any kind of
emotion on trains, they want to sit grey-faced and silent, willing the
journey to end. I quite like having 7 stops to go, wondering how many pages
I'll get through. I tried to lend my youthful white smile to as many people
as possible, people seem too depressed for winter...don't they see that
this is the best season? The season for red cheeks and jumping in and out
of big furry coats and not having to worry about the social calendar? well,
it beats barbeques and rounders in the park in my book, I'd much rather sit
inside rubbing my hands together and pulling on another pair of socks.
That's another reason why winter is so great, the oppertunity to wear lots
of clothes , and to indulge the list's recent trend, wear nice undies
underneath layers and layers of clothes.

Wondering back home from the station, I was humming seymour stein to
myself, finding it almost impossible not to burst into song, but it was my
new year's resolution to give up singing while I'm walking down the street
on my own, people have seen me from cars and asked me if I was talking to
myself in a dramatic manner!

I'm only 61 pages into my Steven Fry book (moab is my washpot) and he's
already mentioned monkies...my favorite. what's yours?

love Erica

p.s who is going to the poetry cafe on friday?