Sinister: indie rock glasses

Keith Watson keith at xxx.uk
Thu Jan 21 09:45:48 GMT 1999

Ah yes, the indie rock glasses.  Worn by intentional dorks (up to and
including myself) all around our book-reading, smiths-loving, worldwide
hipster community.

Indie Rock glasses! What Rodddders is wearing is a pair of classic Joe 90 UK
National Health Service specs. The reason he's wearing them is that the NHS
gave them away free, I doubt Rodddney was into Indie Rock in the early
eighties, indeed if the term existed before a few years ago. I did notice
this mind you a few years back when a friend of mine from a band called
Tunic used to wear his "indie rock glasses". They used to have T-shirts that
said "Tunic - Nerd Rock" printed. The uproar that picture of Rodddney has
caused is amazing, are there loads more "indie-rock" fans on the list
nowadays, no-one seemed to care a year go, when the chap was on the list.
Best of all my congratulations have to go to Dave Jygsaw who wants to wear a
picture of Rodddney on his T-shirt.

	Dave - if you like, I'm prepared to do a kind of Warhol-ized version of
Rodders if you like for you to print on to your T-shirt.

	Hello new people, how's it going?

Cheers,
  Keith.