Sinister: Some Manics fans slagging off B & S

Richard Connell richard.connell at xxx.com
Thu Jan 21 09:09:12 GMT 1999

Ailsa wrote:

>And richard, the
>real reason I metion your mail is to ask - wasn't Tony the reformed
>alcoholic brother in Blossom - Joey was the younger stupider one that
>left to pursue a dreadful singing career (OK i'm confusing real life
>with the series now, but he was called Joey in real life too).

Oops, i'm sorry, i really should brush up on my early nineties arse
comedies knowledge but im so busy revising early 80s average
documentaries at the moment. I know i should send this just to the
replier as it is probably of no interest to anyone else but i was so
glad someone finally replied to one of my infrequent posts of late. I
was beginning to think i'd turned invisible (again). Also i forgot to
mention in my mercury rev review that snowpony were the support and
they were, well, less of the snow more of the pony. And i'm sure their
keyboard player is that woman who left echobelly ( i major in
inconsequential mid-nineties pop). Out of the frying pan into the fire
springs to mind with her.

I've also just discovered Jeff Buckley. He washed up on southsea
seafront (OOPS! very bad taste, i apologise if i offended anyone, it
is not meant to be disrespectful to the dead, but probably is).
Obviously i mean his music. Got grace the other day and borrowed
sketches for my thingy the whatsit from the library. I approve.

That'll do for now, i await the hate mail with baited breath.

Rich

on my mind :- Friday