Sinister: nerds playing lo-fi wearing cardigans.

Jarkko Fr�ntil� frantila at xxx.com
Fri Jan 22 10:03:46 GMT 1999

I haven't read these posting for a while, been busy doing other things
(but we wont go into that one here). Well, I decided to read a few today
and, to my surprise, I felt I HAD to say something.

a)
Nerdy Glasses. I'm all for them. Wearing them right now, I am. Don't
know how some people could oppose them. The thing that bugs me is those
fake-nerdys, the ones people use when they have no problem with their
eyesight. These days people always ask me if my glasses are "real" or am
I just wearing these to look cool. Blah.

b)
Lo-fi. Hmm, a bit problematic. I've always said, "if it sounds good, do
it", meaning that you don't need to fill your songs with marimbas and
xylophones and what ever you have just to get all the tracks filled. But
then again, I hate that stupid "Oooh- I'll- just- use- my acoustic-
guitar- play- it REALLY- badly- and- call- myself- lofi"-crap. but I
quess that makes some people (who can't play their instruments that
well) feel that they're cool, 'cause then they can count themselves as a
part of the lo-fi-genre. Using some ancient analogic recording-equipment
doesn't necesserely make you lo-fi. Try Larry And The Lefthanded
(finnish band), Opel Bastards (Larryetc guys' sideproject, could be
categorised as "urbanasphaltfunk") or Bob Hund (swedish perfection) to
see/hear how it should be done. And no, I'm not just patriotic here when
talking about Finnish bands, these bands are just the "future" (HOW
clishee can you get?).

c)
Cardigans (not the band): Yup, you quessed it, luv 'em. The thing with
these, however, is that I have a bad sweating problem. They're ok when
you don't have to do anything. But as soon as you have to do some
physical stuff, lift a box full of books or something (that's one of the
crappy things that I do here at my work), I'm like a walking faucet
under my armpits. I even had to order a new "study at Stow"-shirt,
'cause my sweating destroyed my old one, the armpits look horrible. But
then again, I just gained 5 kg in 2 months, and the old "study"-shirt,
size S, looks silly on me. Beertitties aren't that nice, you know. So
the new shirt is size M.

I rest my case.

and btw, stupid information that no-one wants to know: I'm listening to
"Promenade" by Divine Comedy at the moment.

@--->--- luvvie, jake.