Sinister: crime fighting monkies

Graham MacArthur macarthur at xxx.com
Fri Jan 22 11:15:07 GMT 1999

Dear sinisterines:

I'd just like to point out that although my name appears as Graham
MacArthur, I'm actually Erica (his daughter) or Scarlet. you choose.

Nice to hear theres some fellow monkey lovers (espcially those who like the
band *and* the real thing). Money is also a good word, a brilliant quote
from Rich (I also thought the blossom reference was good, reminded me of
that stupid bit at the beginning where she tries on lots of hats? well, i
laughed at the thought)

"cos we are a gang arent we, like a big group of crime fighting monkeys on
rollerskates"

at first it reminded me of those scary things in Return to oz, with actual
wheel-feet, a small regression into a childhood nightmare, but then I
stopped myself and thought of the lovely sweet monkeys, in cruel-but-funny
little hats doing adverts for Pg tips. not that I condone...
I love Ren and Stimpy and rockos modern life, both suitably disgusting and
terribly funny....do you have them in America? actually (goofy look) they
probably came from america, er, hmm?

Do You LIke The Jesus and Mary Chain? someone told me I *had* to hear them
so I retrieved Physcho Candy from the record collection, is this the best
jesus and mary chain record? I can't really say if I do, but I couldn't get
into it yesterday, and it was Abba day oh VH1 so I was more than  bit
distracted!

I'm a big fan of proper nerd-rock glasses, but when celebs start sporting
them in a last ditch attempt to be trendy, well, it all seems a bit passe.
But we rock! the people who do *have* to wear glasses, and look like cute
little moles coming out into daylight, rubbing their eyes without them.
Jake, I also hate it when people ask me if my glasses are "real", it makes
me sigh.

well, this is me signing off, hoping I didn't bore you all
but give me time. do you remember yourself at 16?

love, Erica

p.s I can do a handstand without anyone holding me up. beat that, listees!