Sinister: nerds playing lo-fi wearing cardigans.

Heather Marie Propes asbuch at xxx.edu
Fri Jan 22 14:25:17 GMT 1999

On Fri, 22 Jan 1999, Jarkko Fräntilä wrote:

> a)
> Nerdy Glasses. I'm all for them. Wearing them right now, I am. Don't
> know how some people could oppose them. The thing that bugs me is those
> fake-nerdys, the ones people use when they have no problem with their
> eyesight. These days people always ask me if my glasses are "real" or am
> I just wearing these to look cool. Blah.

I love all these new names. In the 80's, we just called them "smart
glasses." They connoted a love of the Smiths and "College Rock". Anyone
remember "College Rock"?

> Cardigans (not the band): Yup, you quessed it, luv 'em. The thing with
> these, however, is that I have a bad sweating problem. They're ok when
> you don't have to do anything. But as soon as you have to do some
> physical stuff, lift a box full of books or something (that's one of the
> crappy things that I do here at my work), I'm like a walking faucet
> under my armpits.

Make sure they're not acrylic. Acrylic fibers can't breathe and you sweat.
Try cotton, cashmere (expensive!) or even wool. Problem is, most of the
good '60's cardigans are all acrylic.

Ciao,

Heather