Sinister: Crystalize Your Mind!

PJMiller pjmiller at xxx.es
Fri Jan 22 14:34:40 GMT 1999

VOTE SNOW PATROL!

I hope you've all voted for Snow Patrol on the Oh Yeah awards page. I
have, despite never having heard them. I also voted for Eric's Flea
Circus and someone for services to Belfast breakdancing, as well as a
club spookily called The Gate. Will wonders never cease?

HEFNERIZE YOUR MIND!

I urge all the doubters and ditherers to trunde off to the Po Caff
tonight to see the chap from Hefner. Even if you don't like the music,
you'll like his witty repartee between songs. Plus it will be a great
opportunity to see at least two pairs of indie rock glasses in the
same room at the same time. Also, could someone have a word with
Trousers please, because I still haven't got my copy of Trousercuts -
the magazine for men.

RODSPOTTER'S PARADISE!

I see there are quite a lot of Rod fanatics on the list. It's hardly
surprising really. The dedicated Rodspotter now has a curious ally in
the shape of Rod's flatmate, who has kindly installed a webcam in
their flat. Should Dame Fortune smile on you, you can see Rod playing
on his flatmate's computer. I've just tried it and it was pitch dark
because it was six o' clock in the morning, but you might have more
luck. I'm hoping that Rod will forget about the camera and have a
"Kate Winslett" before our very eyes! Here's the URL:

http://www.scottcam.com/webcam.html

Well worth a visit, especially if someone else is paying. There are
also some wacky Rod-related messages in the guestbook. Thanks to
Heather for tipping me off about this one.

THE GENTLE LOONIES!

I'm so excited about the forthcoming album from Isobel Campbell's side
project "The Gentle Waves", but really, don't you think she's taking
her Tina Turner impersonation a bit too far? I mean "The Green Fields
of Foreverland" - if that's not a straight re-write of "Nutbush City
Limits",  I'll eat my toy cigarettes. I hope the record has a drawing
of Isobel sitting pensively in a deckchair on the cover.

KEITH'S FAVOURITE SHAPE!

Don't you think we should restrict this discussion to geometric
shapes? Keith's is so wishy-washy. "A round ovally sort of shape" -
what's that supposed to mean, eh? I suspect that it's a sneaky way for
Keith to talk about his favourite animal - the round ovally hedgehog!

I'm strictly a pentangle man myself.

FLUFFY'S TAPE!

Of course I like it, but I haven't listened to it much yet. I find
tapes, like fine wines, mature with age.

ONE, TWO, BUCKLEY MY SHOE!

I too discovered Jeff Buckley recently. At first I thought it was
crap, but now I quite like it. Everyone knows that Jeff's dad was Tim
Buckley, but few people know that his mother was Vera Duckworth. My
favourite song is "Corpus Christ Carol". It's a cover of a Benjamin
Britten song, so I was wondering if anyone knows what album it's from
or if it's from one of his rock operas are something. It takes a brave
man to rhyme "knight" with "night". Corking song though, almost on a
par with McCarthy, I'd say.

Yours fauthfully,

Sister Disco, patrolling the mental health wards of the pop hospital,
ever vigilant.