Sinister: Eurovision

Jordi Trenzano i Vilar jordi-tv at xxx.com
Fri Jan 22 16:39:44 GMT 1999

I know that with that message i´ll disappoint some people, but I´m afraid that Massiel won the Eurovision song contest more for political affairs than anything else.
   What is widely known is the trouble with the guy who was going to sing "La la la" instead of Massiel, the catalan folk singer Joan Manel Serrat (before he became a boring romantic millionaire) who wanted to sing in the catalan language, widely banned from the daily life by Franco. The dictatorship authorities refused, and Serrat didn´t want to sing. So, as a miracle, Massiel won the contest, a fact that allowed the authorities to create a happy image of the country.