Sinister: striken with a malady that mimiks death...

promqueen at xxx.com promqueen at xxx.com
Sat Jan 23 01:40:36 GMT 1999

hallo my pretties.

this is my second message.  just so y'all know why you don't know me yet.  i've been around, but so very silent.

i arktually had a question that perhaps someone on this list could answer concerning the politics of your hair-dos.  hee hee, no really.  i'm curious about hair dye.  I'm nearly no longer a teenager (6 months left!) and almost out of college (one little year to go) and i'm getting worried that i haven't taken advantage of my youth.  hee hee, no, i have always wanted to dye my hair a brilliant royal navy color and figure nows the time to give into my indie-punk inclinations.

the real question is about the dye to use.  I want to do a permanent dye (i have dark hair, and would have to bleach it first) but i don't think that they exist in the US.  I have heard you can get permanent color hair dye outside the US though.  Since there are people from all over the world on this here list, I figure someone might have some imput.  If so, please email me (or the list) and let me know if there are places I can order it from, or something.

on a different, much more rockin note...

THE JESUS AND MARY CHAIN!!!! yippeee!  i forget who mentioned them, but i must admit i am a suker to everything these men stand for.  jim and william are up there with daniel ash and mike ness on my list of "men who put the 'rock' back into 'rockstar'"  aiiiieee.

I saw them twice this summer, and would go again and again untill eternity.  even despite the fact that they nearly fell off the stage in denver, and jim kept droping the mike and william forgeting the chords... well they are still my favorie band (well, there is the cure and joy division and the smiths and pulp and yes, bauhaus... and the apples in stereo, and of course b&s... but i have a lot of favorite bands)

i recomend everything by them, to answer your question.  stoned and dethroned is their most indie-rock album (shane macgowan does a track on it!)  psychocandy, darklands, honey's dead, i hate rock and roll... all good.  and then there is automatic, which isn't looked on as the boys at their best, but i don't see why.  The new album Munki should have been on everyone's list of best of 98.  Just plain perfect.

enough ranting.

receptionist?  unhappy medium...

lisa