Sinister: Drake tree

TFertig3 at xxx.com TFertig3 at xxx.com
Sun Jan 24 04:26:35 GMT 1999

Hello again,

Well my long curiousity of Nick Drake ended today.  I bought Five Leaves Left,
and I dunno what to think.  It was a choice between that and Bryter Later, and
this was the cheaper of the two..   I only really like a few songs, especially
The Thoughts of Mary Jane.  The whole album kinda makes me antsy.  Like being
on the verge of peeing in my pants.  Very depressing stuff, it is.  And I
don't think that he sounds like Stuart Murdoch very much.  More like Tom
Waits, which is not a good thing.  I once got a CD of Tom Waits out from the
library, which is a pretty dorky thing to do.  It was awful, and his voice
sounded like what cow manure smells like.

But I have not given up all hope on the Drakesty, because it seems as though
the whole B&S-lover population adores his music.  I think it's the lack of
percussion that's driving me mad.  Anyway, are his other albums better, or the
same, or worse?  If I don't really like this one all that much, should I even
bother?

Why people compare B&S to Nick Drake, I dunno.  It's a mystery to me.  The
closest song I can think of that sounds like him, (based on the 10 Nick Drake
songs that I now know) is Rhoda, I suppose.  And I don't much like that song.

I've got nothing really else to say, so I'll go now..

Tami xxxx

p.s. Genevieve, maybe you can help me with Physics, as I have a mid-term this
week, and I'm horrible at it!