Sinister: Drake tree

Evan Gregg evanbear at xxx.com
Sun Jan 24 05:40:21 GMT 1999

<<< I once got a CD of Tom Waits out from the
library, which is a pretty dorky thing to do.  It was awful, and his
voice
sounded like what cow manure smells like.>>>

:::blink blink::::

umm manure sounds sweet, too sweet to most
i wonder if youve ever smelled manure to say that?
tom wait's voice is anything but sweet
it may be too much for you to handle or not to your liking but manure?
sorry but no thats just silly
and how the hell does Nick Drake sound ANYTHING like tom waits? is this
some obscure girly tom waits im unaware of
i just dont get anything you said not meant to be an insult but you may
not like it but your critisizm makes no sense to me
only way nick drake could be like tom waits is that the lyrics are sad
but the music is only similar in that its carefully arranged and
beautiful
lack of percussion? what about those splendid bongos or whatever they
are? oh wait thats only on a few songs isnt it ok i guess that makes
sense
i can't always take nick drake either one definitely needs to be in a
very specific mood

again not meant to be an insult im just flabbergasted is all
but youll prolly take it the wrong way as most people do when i say
stuff like this
as for the B&S/drake comparisons its because of the delicacy of the
vocals and intricacy of the arrangemnts or something like that
its not the specifics but the general feel of it
ill shut up now
-----Ev
np-Sneetches-Slow (great stuff these sneetches many a person here would
like em methinks)

I was happy when I put my new record on
But I was sad as I listened to it all alone
---"Feeling Fine" by Class

my home page:
http://www.angelfire.com/ma/dixiecluck