Sinister: just my spiel about songwriters

Evan Gregg evanbear at xxx.com
Mon Jan 25 14:02:33 GMT 1999

<<<i'd just drop a quick line to put a word in
for Vic Chesnutt whose gorgeous weaving disjointed misanthropic southern

drawls sent my psyche spinning off into fantastic new territories when I

was fourteen and have been messing with my soul ever since.>>>

damn right, Vic doesnt tend to get enough cred amongst indie kids most
of the time, which is understandable i spose since his lyrics aren't
cute or anything
a bit too obtuse for many people
i have to be in a very specific mood that i couldnt name to handle Vic,
he makes me feel all weird
his new album is the easiest to listen to i think and perhap his best,
certainly his best musically, and most accessible lyrically
them lambchop folks be amazing
did anyone see them on Conan? very very cool but made me mad because i
couldn't go see them play in NYC grrrrrr...
as for girl songwriters there are very few worth mentioning in my
opinion
Edith Frost, Lisa Germano, Carla Bozulich (Geraldine Fibbers), Victoria
Williams, Cheri Knight (esp her stuff with Blood Oranges), Sally Norvell
(Congo Norvell), chicks from Spinanes, Paula Frazer (Tarnation), Exene
Cervenka (X), Lynne Kellman (AKA Another Girl), i know im missing plenty
of them but those ar ethe ones that i own stuff by that came to mind,
ill leave mazzy star, liz phair, and all the others to someone
else....oh wait
i have to go concentrate on pocket dragons now
------Ev

I was happy when I put my new record on
But I was sad as I listened to it all alone
---"Feeling Fine" by Class

my home page:
http://www.angelfire.com/ma/dixiecluck