Sinister: keeping up apperances

Graham MacArthur macarthur at xxx.com
Mon Jan 25 17:28:36 GMT 1999

Errica - I assume that
> was you drinking the coca-cola.  What a well brought up and well behaved
> girl you must be.  I know if that had been me and a friend at sixteen we
> would probably have been trying to drink beer and smoke like the big
kids,
> and would have ended up looking like a couple of pissed-up and green
faced
> idiots.

michel, appearances can be decieving! who were you? I was the ones drinking
coke, because like you say, I have a choice, try to drink beer and look
silly and out of place, drink coke, as I would actually must prefer, and
just feel in the right frame of mind to experience the gig. It's nice to
know i was noticed even if i did not utter a word to anyone except trousers
and koogy, who caught me on the stairs. If anyone else was wondering
(humour me) I was the youngest person there with the shortish goldy hair
tucked behind her ears and a sheepish smile on her face, with her smaller
friend hannah, with long blonde hair. I'm sure all who attended were
lovely, but I was intimidated. i'm just not ready to play with the big kids
yet, my mummy said so.

Hefner are stunning and all who disagree must be missing something! I can't
understand how a person could not be moved by Darren Hayman, with all his
emotion and grit. it's wonderful! the gig on friday was brillaintly
intimate, like sitting in your front room, give or take wanting to stick a
fork in the girl sitting in front of me laughing.

I wondered home after school, looking at my feet, wondering if I should
make more of an effort with my school friends, even if they aren't quite
the same as me. They just can't understand why everything seems so
complicated, why i can't be content doing school work and fancying the boys
 like them. If you had seen the boys in my year, I don't think you'd shout
"stud!" ethier. My hormones go the smith's loving diary writing way, and
theirs in the boy crushing beat-popping way. Thank goodness for pop music,
where would i be without you, my bright hope?

anyway, all sing praises for hefner in all their greatness
and to the postal service (while you're at it could you ask them to hurry
with my looper badges and Ink movies in new york book?!)

Erica