Sinister: burglars, barfdays,birds

Gary Parkinson gary.parkinson at xxx.uk
Mon Jan 25 19:43:14 GMT 1999

Urk

Did someone mention Duncan Sheik? I think so. Someone gave me that there
album of his and I was made slightly nauseous by it. 'Honestly,' I thought
to myself, 'if you want to be Nick Drake that badly, why not just take an
('accidental') overdose and do us all a favour?' Luckily, I was burglarised
just before Christmas and the fools nicked it (and left my Carpenters
records, yay!).

Mireia - does this

<<I wanted to post some thoughts about telling or not telling your friends
that today is your birthday ( I mean mine ): should they remember themselves
or should I remind them??? Big philosophical dilemma... Waiting upset and
even angry or telling  them like it was no big deal?>>

mean it's your birthday today (25th)? Me too. Never mind getting ignored, I
was interrogated by some plain clothes policemen because they thought I
might be a mugger (or worse). And I was only wandering around the fabulous
rotting necropolis of Southern Cemetery in a slightly sad Morrissey sort of
a way, eating a veggie pasty maybe a bit too suspiciously. Anyway, lots of
great people were born today, so give cheer and raise a glass of Umbongo to
(besides our selves of course) Virginia Wolf, W. Somerset Maugham, Robert
Burns, oh, and Maria Von Trapp. Hurrah. Where would we all be without the
sound of music? Just think of that for a while.

And teri/the Trainspotter - <<are we gary from uk-indie?>> er.. eh? I dunno.
I don't think we are. Is that some sort of code? Stop scaring me.

And as for the birds with words list (lady songwriters to write home about),
yes yes, Polly Jean, of course, but what about the
lovely-but-quite-creepy-in-the
-way-she's-a-thirty-odd-year-old-woman-but-still-wearing-braces (of the
teeth kind) and-bobby-socks, Nanci Griffith? 'Love at the Five & Dime' and
'There's a Light...' could make your ears smile. And, and, and, what about
the bloody Roches? Three New Jersey sisters that harmonise like they're from
Jupiter and sing songs about their Mum. They are very glory in ill-advised
trousers itself. Er.

I'mgoingnowbye.

Gazzoid.