Sinister: twenty thousand men couldn't build a monument...

promqueen at xxx.com promqueen at xxx.com
Mon Jan 25 20:57:25 GMT 1999

hi dalinks.

on the subject of vic chesnutt, Has anyone ever heard the New Bad Things song off the Hefner EP (that is, Hefner covering the NBT) called "Goethe's Letter to Vic Chesnutt" it sooooo worth investing in this EP (Love Will Destroy us in the End) if you have any interest in Hefner.  just plain bee-yew-tee-fawl!

The Song on Vic Chesnutt is very morrissey-esque, if you are into that sort of thing (which, shamelessly, i am)  here's a great line...

"let me put it to you this way, you will get hit by a truck you will fall from your bicycle... and no one will recall how you were except your friends and your enemies... and all the stuff that you could have written, and all the notes that you kept hidden, will mean about as much... as your corpse."

hee hee... if that is not discustingly reminicent of:

"and if a double decker bus, crashes into us... to die by your side such a heavenly way to die..."

and:

"all those people all those lives, where are they now?  with loves, and hates and passions just like mind... they were born and then they lived and then they died... seems so unfair, i want to cry"

the words could have been written by the same tortured hand, as i see it.  that is, the hand not dramatically stapled on to the forhead... of course.

does any one know anything else from The New Bad Things?  "They are from Portland, Oregon and do indeed ride bicycles and drink coffee" is all i've got on 'em.

bonus note:  Hefner's "God is on Our Side" gets my vote for "album most lusted after," if the idea of having sex with an album isn't too revolting.  hee hee.  unfortunately i let a distant friend borow it and am afraid to never see it again!  "oh Hefner... I thought you said you loved me!!!"  tee hee.

also, does any one think "love will destroy us in the end" is a cheap joy division rip off?  a damn good one none the less.  But then again, "love will tear us apart" could be a captian and tenille rip of, huh?

love will keep us together...
lisa