Sinister: WARNING: This post contains absolutely *NO* pubic hair discussion

Mick McMick * Sandcastle Records bp224996 at xxx.edu
Mon Jan 25 21:40:34 GMT 1999

Hello there,
	Well, I've just spent roughly an hour reading precisely 75 posts, and I
would have been entirely let down if it hadn't been for Genevieve's
post. When you think about it, though, that's pretty good, I mean it's
about 1.25 posts per minute! I really shouldn't take all the credit,
after all, I couldn't have done it without Keith's shape post and those
posts which quoted a big long message and added 3 lines of text. Thank
you everyone.
	Well, I had some content occur to me today. I was in my local mom 'n
pop record store, Haffa's (pronounced Haff-az, Hyeahf-az by Clevelanders
;) and immediately upon entering, the fellow who works there (for all
intents and purposes we'll call him Eric, because that's his name)
pointed out to me the new Belle & Sebastian CDs in the glass case. There
I beheld two sparkling copies each of Dog on Wheels and PAJAMAJAMMYJAM.
I felt kind of bad when I told him I had both, but I thanked him. Later,
as I was taking my purchases to the register, Eric was saying to the
other fellow there "I wanna listen to Belle & Sebastian, I haven't
listened to that since we got it, and we sell so many copies." Well, I
nearly asked him to write down the name, address & phone numbers of
anyone who bought the album, since I only know one of them, but I
decided against it.

	Earlier today I had my political science class, in which my professor
made special mention of the names of Scottish political parties.
Apparently there's a Let's-Go-up-the-Creek-and-Have-a-Party party, or
something like that. Several other funny ones, but I didn't jot them
down. We now return you to your regularly scheduled post:

	Lately I, much like Brad, have not been listening to much Belle and
Sebastian. However, I've not been listening to anything Brad appears to
be listening to lately (big surprise, that). I have been listening to a
lot by the Wake, who sound nothing like B&S, though quite a lot like the
Field Mice (in fact they toured together). I decided, whilst in my car,
that they sounded like "a smooth sea of synthesizers with sparse ripples
of jangly guitar overtop." I think I must be a closet record reviewer.
But also oddly I haven't really been listening to the usual anorak fare
these past few days. I'd best watch myself, or there could be a coup in
Sha-La-La. Whatever happens, I want to be on the side of the Left, so
the headline can be "Leftist P!O!O! Dictator Deposed - Militant
Religious Fanatics Take Over."
	I also have it on good stead that the Looper album is amazing, and very
"now" (those are not my words). This is coming from the man whose every
recommendation has been excellent, in fact if hadn't been for him (and 4
or 5 of my other friends) I probably wouldn't be on this list, and Eric
probably wouldn't be mentioning those EPs to me.
	Just now I'm listening to a song called Isobel, but it's spelt Isabel.
Nonetheless, I decided to postpone the paragraph I was just about to
write, and instead throw in this utterly pointless one.
	What I was going to write...yes, anyhow, I almost didn't write that bit
about the Wake. I was thinking, you know, they have absolutely nothing
to do with B&S, why should I mention them? But then I thought "Barton,
you've had some content in your post already, and it's not as if your
post is a dissertation solely on Tom Waits, is it? And furthermore,
you're not writing about pants, "indie rock" glasses, cardigans,
bassieres, monkeys, monkies, Monkees, round ovally things, bathyspheres,
hemaglobin, Reece's Pieces, or pubic hair, so what have you got to
lose?"
	Often times I disagree with the voices in my head. I have not killed my
mum, for example. But this time, I can't kid myself, they were right.
	My favorite sort of bathysphere is those kind with all the knobs and
levers on the inside, and three thick, glass portholes. Personally I
think the sort of people who have a bathysphere just to look cool,
rather than needing a strongly-built diving sphere used for deep sea
exploration and study, are idiots. Obviously they plop the thing in
their carport and over the summer tinker with it, but I very much doubt
they actually take it to sea. I suggest you all go to
<http://user.aol.com/chines6930/mw1/beebe7.htm> and have a look at
myself and my friend Beebe standing next to our Bathysphere sometime
around 1930. Did I mention that my Christian name is Barton? Barton
McMick, that's me...now where did I put my lucky hat...?

 /"\_/"\_/"\  Mick McMick/Sandcastle Records <<->> bp224996 at ohiou.edu
 \         /  Sandcastle Records Homepage:                ICQ#5056758