Sinister: I've been looking...

Reid Dossinger reid.dossinger at xxx.com
Tue Jan 26 14:09:34 GMT 1999

Thank you Jake for being, I believe, the first to mention that Belle and
Sebastian have a few new things coming out.  I think it's a big deal,
yes I do; I think it's a big deal, how 'bout you?

> If StuD and Isobel managed to release all their creative juices ivia their
> side projects then they aren't going to feel the need to shove their stuff
> on a new B&S album and thus we get a proper good old StuM album (ok and a
> little from stevie but we can't complain). I'd just like to make the point
> that I don't think the other 2 are bad (in fact what I've heard from both
> of the is pretty good, Columbo's car by looper is damn fine) but I love the
> way that tigermilk and sinister flow in a way that TBWTAS doesn't just
> because the first 2 albums are just StuM.

Very intersting theory you got there...But, you've gotta figure that
"Paper Boat" will either be on the album or the single (the last I
heard, it was going to be THE single!), and as far as Stevie's stuff
goes, "The Wrong Girl" would probably make it onto the album.  They must
have been writing like crazy, because I can only think of three other
songs that might possibly go on it, and doesn't it seem doubtful that
"Rhoda" would be on there?  I'm assuming that we'll hear studio versions
of "The Lonliness.." and "Lord Anthony" (yay!)  Katrina, care to
enlighten us on possible song choices?

I think I'm the only person here who could talk about Belle and
Sebastian non-stop.  Not that I mind the off-topic stuff...some of it is
very entertaining (most of it isn't).  I just like talking about,
y'know...*them*.

~Reid