Sinister: Re: can happiness last for ever??

sandra gonzález urbano milka at xxx.net
Tue Jan 26 16:03:33 GMT 1999

Last sunday i spent a wonderful evening. although you probably are not interested in knowing about it, i'll tell you how it went.
It began in a cinema, where some friends and i went to see the film "the double life of veronica" of kieslowski (what a difficult surname to write...). it is a film of 1991 - i'm not sure- but i haven't seen it yet.
After this film, we where supposed to see "blue" (also kieslowski) but the magic and poetry of "the double life" had taken us and we couldn't see any other film. The music of it (a dutch composer of the 18th century) was resounding inside our heads and we felt as if we had been inside another world for two hours.
Then we decided to go to a "pub". We went into the old part of barcelona (the gothic part), full of dark, sinuous, wonderful, and out-of-time streets . One of my friends took us to a bar she had just discovered the week before: very, very small, with candles as only illumination and spanish baroque period music contributing to the atmosphere. we sat there and we spent there three hours with a great cup of wild strawberry tea, talking about music, life, death, love, literature... I felt happy (it was also the magic sensation of realizing that, even tough there are millions of people in the world, we four have meet and we have similar ideas about some things and we don't hae to feel special any more because we know there are more people who share of interests and we can spend hours doing really nothing but everything important.)
then i went home. there was nothing on tv (there is never anything on tv and i don't care) and i went directly to my room. i laid on the bed, listening to a "short album about love" of the divine comedy, thinking that i could spend my whole life this way (going to the cinema, reading, listening to music, being with friends...() and i would be happy. BUT then an inconvenient sensation came to my head: if i spent all of my time doing these kind of normal but special thiings, would i value them as now i do because i know they are unique moments? would them lose their magic because of "dailiness"? is it that happines cannot last forever????