Sinister: Douglas Coupland

Jygsaw18 at xxx.com Jygsaw18 at xxx.com
Tue Jan 26 18:01:57 GMT 1999

			Douglas Coupland is, as you wonderful people stated already, capable of
rocking our worlds. I don't know which one(s) of his books is/are my
favourite(s) because they are all so fantastic and full of the greatest little
images and sentences, which piece together into a crazy quilt of literary
genius.
Blur quotes douglas coupland (or douglas coupland quotes blur, tho I think
that mr coupland said it first) on the liner notes for Modern Life is
Rubbish... The bit regarding Legislated Nostalgia. I think of that phrase when
I remember suburban childhood... it wasn't like TV, yet I see televised
childhood and remember mine as somehow similar. I don't understand that.
Perhaps a psychology expert could explain that.
           Also I'd like to apologise to J. Murtagh & the others.. sorry, i
don't know your names or I would use them. If my posts are too long or too
reminiscent of a ramble to a diary, then forgive me. I haven't been on this
list too long; a matter of weeks, i think it's been. I read the FAQ and
thought I was in the boundaries of that. If I've drifted out of line, it's
purely because my attention span isn't too fantastic.
        I've enjoyed the posts recently, until content started being
evaluated.. I don't mean that as a jab at anyone; merely stating an opinion.
so there's my thoughts; hope this hasn't dragged on. I did try to keep this
short.

                now let's return to regularly scheduled programming

                                dave