Sinister: RE: mercifully brief post for all tired hepcats - and a plea to anyone in France

John F. Monroe monroej at xxx.com
Tue Jan 26 18:05:55 GMT 1999

Lesley Jo recently wrote:

i hope the value of the old tigermilk goes down to like 20 dollars and all
the people who were silly enough to waste money on it are left with no
opportunity to sell it for profit.  you couldn't wait a few months for a
proper one?

* well, this made me think, when did it get pricey? I think i have an issue
of Record Collector from either January or February 1997 in which Tigermilk
is being sought, in an ad in the back, for £60 ( about$110 ). The thing
about waiting a few months is probably not the case for a lot of people who
paid a high price for it,myself included there.  Yeah, if somrone bought it
as some kind of invrestment, then they probably will not get the big return
they had hoped for.  I don't foresee the original pressing ever being seen
as common as dirt though :)

People of France, lend me your ears, and your vcrs!  If anyone can videotape
the February 3rd airing of the Belle and Sebastian Black Sessions, please
get in contact with me, if you can be so kind :)
I would love to make a trade with anyone who can videotape that ( and if you
happen to also be a  Fall or Spiritualized fan, then I can certainly offer
some various neat things to tape in trade  )

-JohnFM...