Sinister: Black Sessions - Tape Tree

Mark Meyerson MMeyerson at xxx.com
Tue Jan 26 20:51:14 GMT 1999

Ok I know I also (amongst all the other pleas) made a request for the Black
Sessions

Well it seems there is enough desire

Why don't we do a Tape Tree

You ask what is a tape tree
well on other lists (mostly the dead/Dylan/NYoung ect..)
they very often do what is called Tape Trees

a tape tree is a system where by the most people get the lowest generation
copy
i.e.

Vivian has a first generation copy (hopefully on DAT or CDR)
He Makes a Copy for Greg, Marsha, and Jan
Then Greg makes a copy for Velma, Daphine and Fred
Then Marsha makes a copy for Fred, Ricky and Lucy
Then Jan makes a copy for Brendan, Dylan, and Kelly

and there we have it
12 people get at least a 2nd generation copy and nobody has to do more than
three copies

so what you do to start it out is everyone sends their e-mail address to the
head Tape Tree Person
and tells them weather or not they can make copies or they just want a copy
and sends their e-mail and snail mail address
Then a list is made that looks like this

Greg
	Velma
	Daphine
	Jan

Marsha
	Fred
	Ricky
	Lucy
You get the point

so the people in the first column will get a good copy from Vivian
they make copies and mail them out
and the people in the second column just wait for the tape to show

and it depends on what people want who are taping
but the easiest is to send a blank tape and some stamps to mail it back with

I DON'T HAVE A COPY OF THE BLACK SESSIONS
but would be glad to administer this Tree
so send me an e-mail if you'd like to be a part of the tree (tell me if you
can tape or burn CDs and your address and if you'd like to trade tapes or
just trade blanks)
I will take a day or so to get back to the list

well
wha-dya say
MMMMMMark

PS I'd love to do this CD-r so people with burners get in touch
PSS I don't know the length of the black session but maybe we could put some
sessions on it too

PSS there will be no profit generated in this and is only to get music to
the people who love it