Sinister: A Cacaphony of Sentences

Mick McMick * Sandcastle Records bp224996 at xxx.edu
Wed Jan 27 00:11:42 GMT 1999

Hello,
	Well, some interesting things today. Yes, again, the New Bad Things
have absolutely nothing to do with B&S. However, did you know one of
them is on Sha-La-La? He's actually in a band who has covered B&S (heard
it with my own ears) and is probably doing a tape for Sandcastle. But I
won't speak much of that, and personally I like his current band much
better than the New Bad Things, and really am not terribly familiar with
them.

Reid writes:
> Very intersting theory you got there...But, you've gotta figure that
> "Paper Boat" will either be on the album or the single (the last I
> heard, it was going to be THE single!), and as far as Stevie's stuff
> goes, "The Wrong Girl" would probably make it onto the album.  They
> must have been writing like crazy, because I can only think of three
> other songs that might possibly go on it, and doesn't it seem doubtful > that "Rhoda" would be on there?  I'm assuming that we'll hear studio
> versions of "The Lonliness.." and "Lord Anthony" (yay!)  Katrina, care > to enlighten us on possible song choices?

	Yes, does everyone remember the post where Stu M posted and said they'd
recorded "Paper Boat"? I think it's safe to assume it'll be on the
single. I heard they wouldn't ever be recording "The Loneliness..."
which I think would be an awful travesty. Hopefully that rumor was not
true. I think that your prediction of the single is pretty accurate,
Reed, as long as the rumor wasn't true. But personally, I just don't
like Lord Anthony as much as everyone else seems to. It's nice, but no
nicer than any other B&S song that's been out recently, except maybe
Middle Distance Runner.
	As to the album itself, I do think it unlikely that they will be
recording either "Rhoda," or "Tigermilk," as said songs appear to have
dropped off of the face of the earth forever. Perhaps the band is doing
the traditional band thing of debuting one or two songs at live shows,
then writing the rest of the album right before recording the album.
They must be, because otherwise they'd have to be using Struan's old
tapes, and I don't think they've been doing that much lately.
	Anyway, that's all I have for today, no story time kiddies. I'll bring
a felt board and some little felt bunnies to aid in the story tomorrow,
to make up for it.

 /"\_/"\_/"\  Mick McMick/Sandcastle Records <<->> bp224996 at ohiou.edu
 \         /  Sandcastle Records Homepage:                ICQ#5056758