Sinister: colour cds just aren't the same as coloured vinyl

Vic vicky.parkinson at xxx.net
Wed Jan 27 21:02:35 GMT 1999

Weird feeling being back in the boosom of the list after almost 4 months of
exile. Having email at home is strange, after a long hard day at work, all
energy goes into reading emails, so there's none left by the time you get
round to writing them. And it's a bit horrible not having email at work,
less opportunities for skiving, which means having to do more work, and
therefore feeling even more exhausted after battling with the crowds on the
Victoria line and outside Brixton station. God what a hard life I lead, not.

Has anyone heard of Silverchair? (I think that's what they're called, Ozzie
band) My colleague has been desperately trying to get someone to go to their
gig in London next month, and I'd go without listening to them, only I don't
feel that well off, as it isn't particularly cheap, and her taste in music
is a little 'different' from mine, so any opinions would be much
appreciated.

However, I had such good fun with her last night in Walkabout (Ozzie bar)
last night for Australia day that I might just go for the laugh. Although
the all day hangover wasn't too fantastic, and the fact that I did the
pissed thing of going round to the boyfriends to talk crap for 5 mins and
then fall asleep, only to wake him up in the middle of the night and talk
even more crap for 50 mins keeping him awake, and insisting on leaving the
light on all night, generally pissing him off (probably), sorry Mark! Lots
of gorgeous blokes, any single women in London should get themselves down to
an Australian bar pronto, although I've been informed that most are rather
chauvinistic.

One of the worst things about getting older is the hangovers and inability
to party hard without feeling a thing. Those were the days.....

Does anyone know if Tigermilk is being re-released on vinyl? I'm fretting
cos I'm so anal I have to have all the recordings of a band on the same
format. Although it is becoming increasingly hard to do. But it would look a
lot nicer on the shelf, and the b&S records are almost taking up as much
room as the entire Beatles albums, cos the sleeves are nice and thick, which
is nice.

oh dear

Hefner (of Halfner as the talented bastard wittily pointed out) were
fantastic on Friday, I'm going to have to take my Virgin vouchers in
tomorrow, and see how much of their back catalogue I can exchange them for,
and see if Aphex Twin's Ambient works vol. 1 thingie is being offered at a
reasonable price.

Nearly finished, just want to ask about the tape tree, and whether we could
possibly try and resuscitate it, or failing that, get our tapes back, cos I
didn't make a copy of mine (fool!) Poor Kevan, it was a wonderful idea,  he
put so much work into it (probably) and we failed him. We should be hanging
our heads in shame.

Right, byee,

Vicky