Sinister: Writhe on the fire of your peers' displeasure, sucka!

Jygsaw18 at xxx.com Jygsaw18 at xxx.com
Thu Jan 28 04:51:01 GMT 1999

In a message dated 1/27/99 11:38:20 PM Eastern Standard Time,
smfisher at arches.uga.edu writes:

<< Well I do have a reason for writing. The other day I was on the bus coming
 home, and these two guys got on and sat in the seat in front of me. I
 thought they look kinda cool, you know, not REALLY cool, but definitely
 not dorks either. They were talking about going to some show that night,
 and as there was nothing that night that interested me, I wasn't paying
 too much attention. Then they started talking about Belle & Sebby, about
 seeing them live and the records and stuff. I could tell they were fans,
 or at least liked them. I really really wanted to say something about what
 excellent music taste they had, or something to that effect, but I didn't.
 Should I have? And what should I say in this type of situation if it ever
 comes up again?  >>

You should always speak up in that sort of situation, m'dear. Just think,
those boys could have been trying to lure you into conversation about
Belle&Sebastian and you didn't even take the bait! I'd love to be discussing a
fantastic musical group and have a total stranger come over and agree with my
tastes.

there's nothing wrong with being a dork. Meself I go for the intentionally
dorky look, or what passes for dorky here. ( i won't start on about the
glasses again, I promise) I don't wear ill-fitting baggyass pants, nor do I
like the hideous funk-metal that all the 'cool' people like. And I read more
than I watch TV. I also think and draw.. how unhip! someone tune this boy into
the fab world of American Culture! isn't he a foaming anarchist pop-punk? Does
he not hate his parents and everything else? Why won't he buy $25 shirts that
tell everyone he likes a band enough to pay them to wear their advertisments?

                                             i'll be quiet again. I liked the
Belle and sebastian joke, so thanks whoever sent that. Cockbiter, I don't know
your real name.
                                                                      dave