Sinister: AMC/RHP/BPB (oldham)

Evan Gregg evanbear at xxx.com
Thu Jan 28 05:05:44 GMT 1999

<<<I think he should have mentioned
American Music Club and Red House Painters in the list of best things to

come out of America.>>>>

damn friggin right
Mark and Mark are both gods (damnit they are quit arguing with me about
they're whiny pathoses (pathi?))
oh wait nobody here was arguing with me...hmm...thats a first i think,
at least a rarity
umm...im sure there are at least a few people who dig Red House Painters
and im sad to say that the new album scheduled for three weeks ago has
been delayed till March and that's up in the air due to the forces of
evil i mean Seagram's buying out all the decent major labels and turning
them into a heaping pile of rhino feces
i have a bad feeling that Mark Kozelek (red house painters) will get
shafted by yet another label (the poor guy eeven got kicked off of 4ad
for having a long ass crazy horse type solo, err like 3 or 4 of them
rather on his last album one of the best albums of the decade (but im
sure a lot of people have it)
yknow 4ad is perty cool and all but so rigid about the type of music
oh well im pretty sure someone will pick him up if he does get dumped
just so long as the album gets released its been waaaaaaaaaay too long
luckily i still have the first two albums to get and ive been surviving
on Ocean Beach which i got a few months ago (ooooooooo)

<<<whats will oldham like i have a chance to see him under the guise of
bonnie prince billie , (god another artist beginning with b , i reckon
that i could survive for a good while listening only to music beginning
with b)>>>
go go go friggin go
and you must get the new album or at least the One With The Birds 7" and
the others are cool too
i dont have the new album yet since i havent been able to see himlive
(waaaaah) but i cant wait and im living vicariously through lucky people
who see him
errrr
oh yah i guess a description might help... well close your eyes, sit on
the floor or even better on a log or rock in the woods preferably by a
stream and if you're lucky you'll forget what century you're in
this is mostly applicable for There Is No One What Will Take Care Of You
(or something to that affect), and Days In The Wake, and i bet the new
one, Arise Therefore has a bit too much drum machine to really work that
well
i think that description works pretty well
i wa sjust informed that the new album has beeen released so im gonna
get my sleeping bag and go camp outside the local trindie store, i dunno
how i missed that release date grrr
ok well i gues sthats it
----Ev
np-Barbara Manning Sings With The Original Artists (Jon langford, stuart
moxham and others) (bass clarinet, barbie, muted trumpet solos, barbie,
oh and jon langford too, nuff friggin said)

I was happy when I put my new record on
But I was sad as I listened to it all alone
---"Feeling Fine" by Class

my home page:
http://www.angelfire.com/ma/dixiecluck