Sinister: tigermilk

david kitchen - jeepster shop at xxx.uk
Thu Jan 28 15:37:21 GMT 1999

Sam Norman wrote:

> sister ray of soho, (record shop) ran an advert in this weeks nme saying
> that they have some japanese copies of tigermilk arriving and are placing
> orders at #24.99 a copy.
>
> Japanese version - what's that? They are on cd? but me thinks maybe there
> is a problem with this for they are by a band called, and i quote, "Belle
> and Sebastien" and "Tiger Milk" is two words?
>
> Does anyone know anything about this?
>
> Is it worth #24.99?

firstly it is 'tigermilk' and it is by our beloved belle and sebastian...

but...

it's not going to arrive soon as this was virgin japan bungling up their release
schedule. they've presumed they are releasing it on the grounds they released
sinister and arab strap, and because they knew it was due they have tried to get
an advantage over the rest of the world be selling it to shops before everyone
else.

very foolish, because they get it supplied by us, and we're setting the release
date. please note THE UK COPY WILL BE RELEASED FIRST, with the rest of the world
either on the same day or on the day after (tuesday, i.e. as in the US).

as a result, you could place an order for tigermilk through sister ray or whoever,
but you'll pay through your noses for it, and it'll arrive well after everyone
else is treasuring their copy, and then all the writing will be in japanese and
you won't be able to read the lyrics (unless you're fluent of course)

cheers

david

                  david kitchen : jeepster recordings ltd

http://www.jeepster.co.uk/ http://www.jeepster.co.uk/belleandsebastian/
http://www.jeepster.co.uk/salako/ http://www.jeepster.co.uk/snowpatrol/

                         mailto:shop at jeepster.co.uk

 jeepster recordings ltd, 217 canalot, 222 kensal road, london w10 5bn

       with the words 'subscribe news' in the body of the message