Sinister: 1st post/GBV

Chris Crouch chriscrouch at xxx.com
Thu Jan 28 18:44:20 GMT 1999

I've been recieving the digest for the required two weeks now and am
going to post.  I've only recently become aquainted with B&S having
purchased The Boy with the Arab Strap in November and If You're Feeling
Sinister the very next day.  I am a freshman at Iowa State University
but am originally from Rapids City, IL a tiny little town on the bank
Misssissippi River.  My musical interests include, among many others,
XTC, Ben Folds Five, Smashing Pumpkins, Supergrass and of course, Belle
& Sebastian.

jan thorneus <bajsjan at yahoo.com> wrote:

Everyone who likes great LO-FI music should buy a Guided by Voices
record cus they rawk, or ask me if you can get a copy of my own
recorded CD :).

To which I reply:

I completely agree with you. GBV is one of the best lo-fi bands there is
(and, they're lablemates with B&S (at least here in the US)).  I'd also
reccommend Sebadoh (especially Bakesale) for anyone who's interested in
lo-fi (and haven't heard of them yet).  The frontman for Sebadoh, Lou
Barlow, is also the frontman for Folk Implosion (I'm the one, natural
one, take it easy...) which is another group I'd reccomend.

That's enough for now.

chris