Sinister: Like a mashed potato, you can do the twist

Stuart Gardiner skg21 at xxx.uk
Thu Jan 28 20:38:10 GMT 1999

I never understood what that lyric was on about. Bonus list-cred points
for anyone who knows which song & artist it's from.

Well I'm suprised noone has mentioned this yet, but for the benefit of the
non-UK listees (which is most I guess), the NME readers' poll results are
out - basically the only awards each year voted for by people who buy
decent music, as opposed to Steps or B*witched, ie people who know that
B&S and Cornershop aren't newcomers...

The first thing to note of course is that B&S came (a disappointing?) 19th
in the best band category, and 15th for best album.

Amusement value comes from seeing All Saints in the top 20 best dance
acts; and Liam Gallagher winning dickhead of the year for the third year
in a row. And top marks for the people who voted 'The pop personalities
you would most like to see on a blind date' as being Ray Charles and
Stevie Wonder. And can someone please explain how the hell the Manics won
the best album award?!?!?

While I'm here, the best news story of the day:
Michael Jackson has had to go to hospital to have x-rays on his right
wrist. His spokesman said, "He's got a small fracture in his right wrist,
but it won't get in the way of his activities."
I'll leave you to add your own punchline to that one...

It's quite easy to get yourself a new email address, isn't it? Well I can
now be reached at TallGit at beer.com, which is nice.

Big Stu

PS You know what really annoys me most on this list? When certain people
post 2 or more short emails straight after one another instead of
combining them into one long one...