Sinister: T-shirts do not make you popular shocker.

DavidJ2502 at xxx.com DavidJ2502 at xxx.com
Thu Jan 28 21:15:48 GMT 1999

Hello there.

While we are on the subject of t-shirts, I just thought I'd put my two cents
worth (about 1.3p).

James wrote:

> Guess what I got in the post yesterday... give up? A small blue "Study at
Stow"
> shirt. I cannot tell you how overjoyed I am at this wonderful news, and I'll
be
> showing it off to all my friends in the nex few weeks.

I was once like young James here, full of youthful enthusiasm at getting my
first B&S shirt through the post. I nearly did a lap of honour around the
garden when I finally got my "Stow" and "Sinister" shirts a few weeks ago (I
say nearly because it was damp out and keen though I was, I didn't want to
catch a chill.) I decided to unveil one at my local one evening shortly
afterwards. I pictured the scene: as I take off my jacket the whole building
turns and a hushed silence falls over the room. Then one by one the gathered
masses form an orderly cue to touch the hem of my garment and I never have to
pay for another drink again- a kind of alcoholic Blue Peter Badge.

Needless to say it didn't happen quite like that. The reactions ranged from
apathy to confusion: "Well if you didn't go to Stow why are you wearing a t-
shirt with it written on?" I have since given up trying to impress people with
my t-shirts and am now experimenting with badges. The results were
disappointing.

As regards getting other cool shirts, why not just write to the record
companies and ask them, or try the band contact addresses on the record
sleeves- The Pastels do some fantastically groovy ones. Chemikal Underground's
site has loads of Delgados stuff if that takes anyones fancy, or Intoxica have
some fab Stereolab ones.

On anm already worn out subject, I can't emphasise how important it is that
Vicky does not go to see Silverchair. I am all for liking a broad spectrum of
music, but I think a line has to be drawn at a Radish covers band, don't you?

Sorry if you have gone to sleep, here is a joke from the archives. An old
school friend told me it recently:

Q. What is ET short for?
A. He's only got little legs.

Trust me, it was funny in 1983.

I'm going now,

DavidJ.

PS Is buying a looper T-shirt taking indie credibility too far?