Sinister: There is no alternative

Mctaggart, Robert MctaggartR at xxx.com
Fri Jan 29 09:52:48 GMT 1999

Oh List,

Tall Stuart wrote:

>Well I'm suprised noone has mentioned this yet, but for the benefit of >the
non-UK listees (which is most I guess), the NME readers' poll >results are
out - basically the only awards each year voted for by >people who buy
decent music, as opposed to Steps or B*witched, ie >people who know that B&S
and Cornershop aren't newcomers...

Stuart, were these the same "people who buy decent music" who voted Robbie
Williams as Best Solo Artist?  And had the imagination to vote for the
Fatboy Slim as best dance act?  And the intelligence to vote that Billie, a
16 year old girl who to the best of my knowledge has never done any of them
any personal harm, be subjected to a boxing match with Mike Tyson.  How
brave and clever of them, I wonder how many of them were male.  Personally,
I'd rather hear Billie singing about playing songs so loud because she wants
to, than read about a bunch of self-congratulatingly "alternative"
misogynist sheep voting "because they're told to".

Mick, I found Sensitive Stan very funny indeed, it may not have been the
most subtle of parodies, but sometimes you need to be a bit obvious to make
a point.  And it wasn't me.

Love tag xx