Sinister: Danger everywhere

Brandt S. Fundak bfundak at xxx.edu
Fri Jan 29 14:37:59 GMT 1999

Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 03:17:15 +0000
From: Pamela Hutchinson <pamela.hutchinson at xxx.uk>
Subject: Sinister: Danger everywhere

A listee wrote of the apathy caused by his B+S tee.
He was going to experiment with badges.
be careful, darling.
I wore a Bis badge when I started university and
people thought it was in reference to some Latin verb!!?!!
As a friend of mine is sitting opposite me at this late hour writing an
overdue
Classics essay I can't be TOO disparaging but really, how are we meant to
put up
with ignorance of this kind?

I think that this message shows the difference between English Universities
and American Universities.  If I wore a Bis badge, people would stare at me
funny and say "what does that mean?" because right now they can't even
figure out the 764-HERO badge on my coat.  I would be thrilled if someone
was intelligent enough to ask me if it were in reference to a Latin verb.
Instead, I get blank loks and vomit in the streets from drunken boys who
are trying to get laid and drunken girls who don't know how to button
anymore than the top two buttons on their shirts.

Brandt

"So, how many people in this room have you dated?"

			--Squib