Sinister: Thoughts and Observations on a sinister-digest V3 #36

Brandt S. Fundak bfundak at xxx.edu
Fri Jan 29 16:50:33 GMT 1999

Okay so I got chewed out for my barrage of e-mail that i sent out in my
zeal of being back on the list for the first time in 6 months.  So now
that my knuckles have been rapped, here we go.

first, the really clever bit about Pennington...

> Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 05:12:29 PST
> From: "Julian Bester" <julianbester at xxx.com>
> Subject: Sinister: Mick McMick
>
> Does everybody else call Mick McMick "Prick McMick" when they're
> slagging him off behind his back?

I have never called him this. However, I have filed it away for future
reference.

Now on to Belle and Sebastians shows and me being bitter.

> Hey, any of you Ann Arbor people know if B&S are playing here anytime
> soon? I suppose I could check the paper but then my posting would be very
> brief and wouldn't have any B & S content at all.

This would be a show in Detroit which would have been nice for me since I
live an hour away.  Boy that show would have been great. Too bad like
Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny, it doesn't exist.

Now on to love.

> I want to go off topic now.  You know when you go out with someone and
> you're not sure of them and then you fall in love with them, but you
> aren't sure why because you think you could do better even though you
> don't know what would be better, but you know it's not this?  Well that
> happened to me.  And yesterday he dumped me because he didn't think I
> really loved him, because I said I didn't before, and now that I do (I
> think) he doesn't believe me.  And I know he's not "the one" but it
> still hurts?
>
> Well I feel horrid now and I don't know if it's because he doesn't love
> me any more or because I fell in love with the wrong guy, or whether
> it's always like this when you get dumped because I've only ever been
> hurt once and that was by the guy I REALLY thought was "the one".  Does
> anyone have any insights?  Because I don't and all my friend are (to
> quote a Bridget Jones-ism) smug marrieds, and think it's my fault for
> being too picky or too honest or whatever.  And you lot are all
> sensitive sorts and I would value your opinion.

I have had this feeling before and the best thing was that I was still
hurting from a relationship like this one you describe and it made me
throw away THE ONE.  How's that for having shitty timing?  Now I am alone
and spend my days in coffee shops becoming a poster boy for colon cancer
and not even knowing it.  Well I guess I do know it, but I won't admit
that I know it.

I wanted to kiss one of my best friends last night because we were talking
about kissing.  That could have been an awkward moment.

My dog is still dead.

Brandt