Sinister: trying to live like Pippi Longstocking

rebelstrange at xxx.Miller rebelstrange at xxx.Miller
Sat Jan 30 10:58:18 GMT 1999

Keith said.......Hmm, seems like a difference of opinion here Geoffrey, I
thought they were
both hilarious. Well funny, indeed the first Sensitive Stan thing was one of
the funniest things I've read on the list in a while. Full marks for taking
the piss - whoever it is.
...................I'd have to agree with the keithmonster, as well as that
other person who said Stan was funny?  anyway,  You have no idea how much
that  post brightened my life.  And sadly, the reason is probably that i
relate  personally to Stan and his kin.  when i was a wee lass, I still held
out hope that i could find me a boyfriend THAT sensitive and shy.  i've
since mostly given up, but i still love sensitive boys.  if you all knew how
much like Stan I was, you'd probably never talk to me again.  ironically,
the "special friend" who allows stan to post here, probably is makiing
derisive fun of those types, but regardless, it still brought an incredible
amount of joy to my day, so thank you.  as long as it's not run into the
ground. comedy is a most subtle medium.  Unless you're a fan of Gallagher.

m.elise says......his sensitive gestures and
constantly calm face...he nodded at me once and i fell back against a wall
terribly smitten and out of breath...i wish i could wake up to him every
morning and read him oscar wilde poetry and fairy tales every night...

.........Yes, did anyone ever read the wilde fairy tale, the nightingale and
the rose? it's fairly devastating.  it was in a book of animal stories i had
when i was a kid, which was actually strangely disturbing, there were some
bizarre ones in there.  i remember reading that one whilst my dad was
playing the Elvis Costello album "Almost Blue(??)" because my favorite song
was "a good year for the roses".  I was a wee lass then.  The student in the
story would have made a good b&s fan, cept he lived in the 18th century or
something.  read it.  You'll weep in your earl  grey tea. Sebastian himself
could have written it.

oh, i didn't know there was going to be a listee t-shirt.  I must stick my
nose in and see what is going on round there.   I was thinking abotu making
a t-shirt out of my ripoff of the cartoon design.  instead of belle and
sebastian, it has chauncey and gertrude, my beloved children.  Very
adorable.  Very close to copyright infringement.  =)

Overheard conversations from a bizarre little man:
the movie "she's all that" comes out to day. gotta see if i can find someone
that will see that. oh and kellie mentioned when we were gonna see

.........Umm.. did anyone get the idea reading this post that we weren't
supposed to read this? please, dear God, tell me that someone does NOT want
to see that Damned piece of filth film!!!   I know *one(* little bunny who
should be feeling very ashamed right now......for you american listees maybe
you know what i am rattling about.  this is what we tried to get away from
in the blasted '80's, it's going to put weird art girls back at least 50
years and turn  away all the progress we've made at getting an inkling of
integrity and respect. ibet the girl in the movie starts out liking b/s, and
then the popular jock asshole dresses her up like a teen whore, and she
begins dancing to Bon Jovi.  I wrote a play to that  effect when i was
younger, the girl had a lobotomy, and she didn't want to listen to MOrrissey
anymore.  Quite tragic.

Abba *do* rule.  hooray for earnest pop.
 thank you erica for the nice snip of poem, it's either keats or yeats, i
never can tell those two apart but i like that one.  i heard a good song by
My life Story once.
Louise, I enjoyed your story.  and weejay sent me, so i'll be knocking soon.
  WHO was that who said "Bridget Jones-ism"?? you mean THE bridget jones??
i'm tingly wondering.
I was just this othe rday thinking of buying a cesaria Evora record.  she
looks so adorable on the cover of them, like the mom you wished you had.
yes lovely.

I wonder who has me on their death filter.

Cynthia, if you know where i can find one of those bookstraps, i'd be happy
to live out your fantasy, so long as fluffy is willing to take upas well.
I'll bring my badtz-maru pencil case.  it's metal.  so nice.
 lesleyjo

http://www.members.tripod.com/rebelstrange
"I'm a piece of crap that the world revolves around."