Sinister: The Great Fraggle Crash of 1999

Honey honey at xxx.net
Sat Jan 30 12:08:48 GMT 1999

On Wed, 27 Jan 1999, Matthew Andrew wrote:

> you know, i hate flames, and don't intend this as one, but i certainly
> don't think a message about how you hate something is more fun for us to
> read than those messages you hated.  and i don't think any of us should
> take it upon ourselves to control what the others are talking about.

I keep saying this, and feel as if I have a handkerchief in my mouth,
but the correct response when you're not happy about list content, is
to (a) mail the person privately and with panache, and/or (b) mail me
about it.  Mailing the list just provokes responses on-list and
no-one wants *another* re-run of that argument about what lists are
about to happen ON the list - beware that it might get worse than
endless re-runs of Fraggle Rock.  Plus if someone mails me it makes
me feel less of a meanie when I knock on the door and ask for the
hifi to be turned down.

Having said all that, the Fraggle Rock thing certainly left ME
frazzled - it went on far too long for a lot of people on the list,
and I expect you as good little list bunnies to spot that and let it
lie a good few megabytes ago - as per the hopeful prods in the FAQ you
received when you joined the list.  No more fraggling please.

I thank you.

Honey x