Sinister: my third 'real' party [in washington dc] mildly b+s related

lost madflowr lost_madflowr at xxx.com
Sun Jan 31 09:30:42 GMT 1999

oddest night.

thought i would tell the sinister ones about it.
dun think the RHML could handle it at the moment. ha!
tonight i went to my third party where people were drinking.
sort of funny being poison-free (sXe without the edge to it).

it was my friend nathan's 27th birthday party. he's a doll.
it was quite nice. as i said...third party. first was in the
summer in long island with a wonderful girl called karyn who
i dearly love and she has not rang me back in a week or so.
not so nice of a feeling. it was a night of stupid frat boys
playing beer pong in her friend's backyard and after we helped
her friend clean up. during the party we played radiohead really
loud and people were like 'man, play the new beasties record'
and we were like 'no.' and it was settled. nice. oh.

party number two was 31 dec 1998/1 jan 1999. it was spur of
the moment and brad, martin, and i were bored and i remembered
that a sort of friend dominika had asked me to her party so i
rang her and she told us to rush over, which we did. it was
rather silly and lots of people i knew from high school were
really tipsy and the musical choices were like janis joplin
and jimi hendrix. i did not have much fun but it was new years.

party number three was nice. oh so nice. i don't know if any
of you sinisters are from washington, dc...but i am. well i'm
from a suburb but still...i am way close. this party was at
nathan's on t street in NW. nice cozy townhouse deal. dc scenesters
all over the place. the same people i saw the night before at
blonde redhead at the black cat. hehe. nathan is a lawyer, but
he can throw a par-tay. lots of good food, mostly vegan/vegetarian.

cos what else would scenesters eat? heh-heh. i bet at least
one person on sinister was at nathan's party. that would be
funny. anyways, the party was nice. this band played that was
the name of the girl who played and her name has completely
slipped my mind. sloppy in there u know. hmm. anyways, i had
been waiting forthe phone to ring for about an hour when it
finally did and it was natalia saying to come pick her nate,
and nancy up...i left immediately, hopped on 395 north and
was on my way to dc. i swear whenever heading into dc i want
the petula clark song 'downtown' to blast, but it has only
came on the radio once on my way there. so appropriate.

got to par-tay at like 11 cos there was NO parking anywhere
around. we ended up parking at R and 15th i believe. insane.
walk walk walk. nice amount of people were there. 40? some
number. it's always some number, you know. i have decided
that i do not like the song 'the gate'. i just don't. hmm...
there were lots of non-alcoholic things to drink as well.
i told nathan to get me like a coke, but he got loads of
nice stuff. V8 anyone? it remained untouched.

lots of indie rock boys with the aforementioned(on the list)
glasses. nice nice very nice i say/said. this boy johan was
there. i crushed on him so very badly last year at george
mason univ. i saw him sitting alone at the fountain a number
of times and one time i looked up from reading a book and
there he was next to me and i could not muster up a thing
to say. how sad. anyhow, he was there. and john was there
too joking with me about how he was going to introduce me
to johan. not funny. there is a nice nice band from sweden?
i believe called johan. they were on the spin art sampler
a few years back. mm. but in any case, we were all dancing.
to wonderful tunes. really. the guy who was selecting music
got a really good mix and great stuff was played.

suede, b+s, the stone roses, spiritualized [who are better
on record than live imho], elliot smith...good tunes. incidentally
everyone i have ever asked has never heard of mr. scruff.
.j On off the list told me to listen to them and wow, i'm
hooked. yeah. but that was a sidenote. if i were to write
novels half of them would be footnotes and sidenotes. this
dee jay guy played tons of b+s. cos me, natalia, nathan, rick,
nancy, and scenesters there all danced around and sang all
the lyrics. wow that was neat. i am used to saying 'wow, i
love b+s' and someone saying 'who?' good stuff. anyhow, i
am quite tired. it is 4:17 am. my brother has like a TON of
people in the basement cos our parents were out of town tonight
celebrating their anniversary. wow. so i think there was
drinking. i can't be sure. i scurried in quite quickly cos
my brother is embarassed by me. he says 'she likes _______
that no one has ever heard of,' to describes the films and
the bands that i like. blah.

i wonder how long this hyena girl will be laughing.

i just wrote this in #permanent_daylight the radiohead chatroom
on DALnet for anyone who cares...
<madflowr> there is some ho laughing downstairs.
<madflowr> like a hyena.
<madflowr> i hope she chokes on beer.

err. i am not usually that mean, but she does laugh like a hyena.
4:20 am. eww. 'this is just a sorry lament...we're four boys in
our courdoroys, we're not terrific but we're competent.'

okay. hello if there are any dc kids out there. maybe you were
at nathan's partay. heee. anyways, if you are in dc, go see sloan
at the black cat on 6 february. i should buy my ticket just to
assure that i get in. cos i love em. ooh lala. third time seeing
them hopefully. actually second and half cos i left early when i
saw them in baltimore cos i had to chill with symposium who i miss
so much. err. err. sorry. i will not missthem at this time of night.

good night. thank you for reading the drivel. i suppose the point
is that belle and sebastian really made this party experience nice.
like they were there. isobel and the stuarts just sitting there and
making me feel nice and warm. and like i belonged. and i don't even
wear glasses. hmm well the boys wear em more than the girls do, but
my glasses are not nice. *scratches her eyes* contacts are a pain
though. alright, good night. hello. good morning.

evolmadflowr

now taking dc hipster lessons from johan and they're cheap.;)