Sinister: parlez-vous francais, mr johnk?

John Koliopanos johnk at xxx.gr
Sat Jul 3 10:46:40 BST 1999

Oh well, just some pointless ramblings really out of need to whine in
front of other people I guess . . .

So it happens that tomorrow is my last school exam (phew!) and it
happens to be French actually, which I'm definitely not good at. What's
more, I'll have to write a composition in French as well. Anyone got any
hints for me?

As if that's not enough, I have other exams (so as to enrol at a uni
here) more difficult and more important obviously, starting on the 1st
of July. And the night before the most difficult of those exams (Ancient
Greek) Saint Etienne, definitely one of my favourite bands, are playing
at a club here. Out of 365 nights it had to be this one! Tough luck.
Such things only happen to me (and to Megan too apparently). Anyway,
could some of the people that saw St. E in the US tell what time
approximately they were on, so that I might be able to see them after
all (now that would be lovely). I'm worried that if I don't go I'll do
badly at the exam and then regret not having gone to the gig but if I do
go to the gig that I'll fuck it up again and then blame it on St. E.
It's a vicious circle.  Ian, perhaps you could help me out by
threatening Sarah Cracknell's life to force her change the date. What do
you say?

On a happier note, I'm sooooo looking forward to the Belle and Sebastian
video special on Alternative Nation. I've watched most of their videos
before but I never thought of taping them, which I'll definitely do on
the 29th. It's a miracle that it's not a night before an exam, isn't it?

 johnk xxx