Sinister: lovely listee coming to london alert! (no, this message does not include self-assertion) / alternative nation

John Koliopanos johnk at xxx.gr
Wed Jul 28 12:36:42 BST 1999

erm, well, i thought i'd let the people who are going to the london
picnic on sat know that the lovely listee teri from toronto will be
there too so go and say hi to her and show her good time (no, that's not
what i mean, you perverts!), 'cos she's really nice. just so that you
might recognise her go and have a peek at a pic of hers on the "as we
are now" photos section. it's entitled "johnkandteri" because i'm in it
too, obviously (along with a bunch of other people actually). teri's the
one with the lovely smile and the long, straight black hair and black
specs. i'm the one with the huge grin and stripey tee, looking like a
boffin. oh and other clue for you to recognise teri is that she'll be
"the one with the canadian accent", to quote her words. go figure.
perhaps trousers has a clue on that?

while at it, i guess it's the right time to mention that i am too coming
to england in july (21st) for ten days, with two friends. we'll have a
flat in london but we're also planning on taking a two-day trip to
edinburgh if we get around to sorting out accomodation. fingers crossed.
by the way, could anyone let me know if there will be any good (and not
toooooooooo pricey please!) plays to see in london at that time? i
really wanted to see "plenty" with the gorgeous cate blanchett but that
ends on the 10th and besides, it's impossible to find tix. thank you in
advance for any help on that.

on to more sensible issues (i.e. belle and sebastian-related), i was
sooooooo furious this morning when i realised that last night's video
special on alternative nation apparently did not apply to mtv europe as
well. so all i got was two hours of crappy music for the most part,
including that new aphex twin video, which makes me sick every single
time it's on telly. it's so disgusting, isnt it? anyway, how was the
belle and sebastian special, i ask uk and ireland people. i've seen most
of their videos in the past but it would be great to have them all back
to back on tape. did they show any gentle waves / looper videos as well?
(have they made any?) or any interviews? please give us a full report!

okay, off to chill out for a bit now before those wacky exams start
tomorrow. tonight is going to be first time this year that i'll sleep
before midnight 'cos my dad says i have to adjust my biological rhythms
to the exams schedule or something along those lines. something tells me
he's right, though. anyhow, please wish me luck!

 johnk x x

ps: rachel, i'm so so sorry (no, i dont have a stutter) that i ruined
your story in #sinister yesterday. hope you will forgive me.