Sinister: Glasgow picnic

Ailsa Ross ar981611 at xxx.uk
Thu Jul 1 21:18:53 BST 1999

Due to the crappy weather that often afflicts these parts, expecially
when the word "picnic" is mentioned, we have decided to have the meet-up
in the pub, dispensing with the need for crawling around bandstands and
bonding under small umbrellas.

So Uisge Beatha (end bit nearest the furniture shop), Woodlands Road,
3pm, Sunday.  If you don't know where it is, firstly you should be
ashamed for not coming to the last meet-up and secondly, mail me and
I'll tell you.  I might have the regulation blue duffel coat on.  I'll
definitely have a pint of Guinness.

Carsmile Steve said:
> Personal highlight: Struan's face in LLPJ when his t-shirt gets sprayed
> (tee hee).

Which made me laugh like a drain too.  Equally funny was Chris being
sent spinning in a bus stop in the same video.  Oh, and Elle, your
moment of glory was there this time :)  I've since realised where all
the band shots in the BBC Choice documentary came from (video for
LLPJ).  Lots of good "spot all the places/people you recognise"
opportunities for long-time West End inhabitees like me.

Those not coming this weekend, make sure you do go to Divine at the Art
School next Saturday (Tigermilk promo night).  But someone else can
think of a pub to meet in for that.  Then two days later it's Godspeed
You Black Emperor, with a Sinister presence of at least three in the
audience.

Good Lord that was a ridiculously parochial posting.  Take heed of what
the good man Carsmile says.  Whistler are ace and you will probably all
love them, or at least like them a bit.  Is that a bit generalised?.
Can I recommend Camera Obscura again too?

Can I remind everyone there are still lots of tickets left for All Tim
Henman's Smarties?  And you really should go.  If you want.  No
pressure.

I want to agree vociferously and passionately with Tim Hopkins and his
views on love, hate and innocuousness-as-a-bad-thing, but I also want to
go home and watch Friends.  So Tim, yes, you are right.  As always.  I
would say some things of my own on the subject but you'd all get bored
and I'd miss my half-hour of cheesy American comedy.  So best just go
away.

Ailsa xx