Sinister: they call me a tomboy, but i love it.....cos only a tomboy could stand above it, by simply changin'

Lesley J Miller rebelstrange at xxx.net
Fri Jul 2 19:26:20 BST 1999

hmm......
>Rolling Stone reviewed the Gentle waves album and praised isobel's
songwriting ability, saying that it wasn't as mean as Stuart's.

come again?   i'd agree that's the wrong tack to take, i dont' think stuart
is mean at all, his songs all have an exceedingly gentle heart, yet courage
enough to tell like it is.    they only said she wasn't as mean, cos she is
relatively more pink and fluffy.   but i must admit, at the risk of annoying
any more of the anti-bel contingent, she has a gift for churning out the
most un-ironic pop fluff i've heard for a while, and in my book that is a
good thing.   i'm so sick of irony right  now, it's daily that i have the
urge to throw myself on a sword harikari style, to make up for my guilty
participation in the sub-conscious, culturally saturating cult of irony.
i'm probalby being ironic right now, ironically enough. isn't it ironic?
*KILL ME NOW*  in any case, at least  rolling snork said something nice
about something nice, but otherwise they are a bunch of buffoons and their
rag belongs on  the bottom of my birdcage.   Like Spin rag.   which is only
fit for chopping up and using for collages, or getting pinups of
Sleater-kinney out of.    actualy i got a pinup of Polly jean out of rolling
stone, there would be another rare use.   i was glad i found something to do
with it.

Mick ncRick:
>I also recall something about an interesting Utopian society. They
decided that none of them would have children, ever. They added to their
ranks by converts, rather than having children. Funnily enough, they too
>aren't around anymore.
wouldn't tha tbe the Shakers?  they existed somewhere in pennsylvania, or
illinois or something. they made lots of quilts and chairs and stuff.  they
recruited people, but then peopel kept leaving until there was like only one
really old lady left in the sect.  or something.     can anyone validate
this?

whoa there is an   interesting pair of genetic freaks on teh People's
court.  whoo honey.  better start from gene one......  aieee. speaking of
which, yesterday i saw a man in a truck with the skinniest head i have ever
seen.  it was like a toothpick.  i dont' know where his  brain fit in there.

Archel, you flatter me so.  better stop it, or my head will inflate even
bigger.   i appreciate your two cents on teh feminist debate. and agree
wholeheartedly.  it seems usual.....that breadth of emotion is accepted in
men, yet any expression in a woman *may* be construed as defining some
cliche or another, or as proof of Hysteria.   at least, in some circles.
face it, freaks-- you're threatened by the power of the Womb!!  nyah, nyah
nyah.    speaking of the power of the womb, heads will soon roll when the
Buxoms get online and ready to par-tay.  you will all yelp like little
puppies begging for mercy from our screaming girly passion.

Oh and Dave:  seductively sneering you say?  that's puzzling.  but i'm
assuming it's probably the polaroid i took of myself that you are refering
to, as i  can't think of any other pictures of girls aside from isobel.   or
edie, but she isn't sneering.  now that i look at it again i'm kind of
embarrassed i put it in there.  it's kind of dumb.  i didn't know it would
be seen as seductive, though, but i guess that's not necessarily a bad
thing, unless it was an unwanted seduction, which i never wish to put upon
anyone.  speaking of seduction:  plans were made last evening for arty
amanda and i to conduct our butch/femme date this saturday night.  i'm all
in a tizzy, as you could expect from such a femmy girly, trying on all my
dresses and getting all twitterpated, and wondering which perfume i should
wear, and how i'll do my hair. i shall be carrying my hello kitty purse, and
have glittery green hair, and will be (ironically!) shaving myself to femmy
perfection.   i'm sure there will be photos, look for the scoop on my web
sight.  any tips on seduction?  boys?  a little encouragement.  i'm going to
do some facial exercises for my lips, in case it comes in handy.  (hahaaa)
(i kill me)

Llew:
>There are several quintessential moments in a girl's (in this case mine)
>life: graduating from college, getting married, becoming a mother, and
>having the right boy smile at you.
(Come again!!!  married motherhood, nice work if you can stomach it.....;))
>So, none of these but the latter has
>happened to me yet. For now, the last enough. On Wednesday, while walking
up
>to class in a hazey daze from not getting enough sleep this random boy who
>have never met gave me a rose. No cheesey pickup line attached, just a shy
>smile as he said, "If you put it in water the other bud will bloom." I was
flustered and surprised that I don't even know if I said thank you. Though,
>it had to be one of the most beautiful gestures that has melted away all of
>my worries and unhappiness.

that has to be the loveliest thing i have heard for a while.  makes me want
to put on some gentle waves, it sho do.     i wrote a poem (prospective song
lyrics) last night when i was sitting out in the nice weather, and drew all
around it and slipped it under art girls door.  she knows i have a thing for
her, so it may be redundant, but it was something i had to do.....
romantic things.  i think i might have to bring a rose tomorrow night, even
though it's  not really the femme thing to do.  but now i'm all inspired.

>But I will stop before someone here
>begins to wonder if they're reading 'Chicken Soup for the Listerine's
Soul'.
i have to say you just stumbled up on a brilliant idea.  we should all scour
the archives for heartwarming, pithy, and smutty bits and compile them
somewhere for easy access and quotability.  anyone?

a friend of mine was just blasting me the other day saying i hate too many
things.  so maybe my innocuousness is a reaction, each to her own. i've
spent too many years being bitter as fuck and living a smiths song.   it's
TIME to be fluffy and free.   Deal with it!   I dance to ABBA. and i love
it.

lesleyjo, the dyke who shagged me
http://www.members.tripod.com/rebelstrange
For we can still love the world, who find
a famished kitten on the step, and know
Recesses for it from the fury of the storm
Or warm torn elbow coverts.

SAVE MST3K!!!!
http://www.mst3kinfo.com