Sinister: suck.com article (b&s content)

allen ussher at xxx.ca
Fri Jul 2 22:33:26 BST 1999

Being bored here at work on a slow Friday, I decided to give www.suck.com a
visit (it's not a porn site for those not in the know).  Piqued by the
curious title of today's article, "How to Judge a Man by His CD Collection,"
I decide to give it a read...  Interestingly enough, the article has a list
of some CDs and what to expect of the man you are dating if you find that
particular CD in his collection.  Anyway (yes, I'm going somewhere with
this), the second CD listed is B&S's very own TBWTAS and the text for it
follows (and this is obviously directed to the woman who finds said CD):

Belle & Sebastian — The Boy with the Arab Strap

Although the prospect of motherhood may appeal to you, you would probably
prefer that your child be an infant and not a grown man who acts like one.
Should you discover this CD in his collection, you'd be well advised to keep
all your maternal instincts in check; otherwise you'll be spending the night
coddling, mollifying, and sympathizing instead of cuddling, making out, and
screwing. After a few seemingly endless hours of his incessant whining and
irrational ranting, you'll wonder whether you shouldn't be charging him $75
an hour for any future dates. If it turns out that he's a professional music
critic (and if he owns this CD he almost certainly is), odds are that he's a
bed-wetter and probably allergic to sex.

What's funny (not ha-ha funny) is this explanation wasn't (ha-ha) funny to
me, but the other ones were (ok, not side-splittingly, uproariously, comedy
of the summer-no-the-decade-no-the-century-no-the-millenium funny, but ha
<cough> funny).

Discuss.

The article can be found here: http://www.suck.com/daily/99/07/02/

Oh, and if anybody else is really bored, read some of the articles on
www.theonion.com (now THAT there's some funny shit, man).  Ah, ain't the web
great?

and Happy Canada Day (a day late, I know) to all the canuck listees...
Allen (ICQ: #35152981)
--
"Long afloat on shipless oceans
I did all my best to smile