Sinister: this is just an ancient rock song

Marcus Omond marcusomond at xxx.com
Sat Jul 3 12:24:27 BST 1999

hi everyone,

i've just been given a voice, and so i thought i'd ask a question.  with all
this discussion about whether 'helter-skelter' was the first... and so on, i
was wondering if anyone else thought that 'tomorrow never knows' was the
first ever big-beat song?  because i thought it sounded quite a lot like
stuff on the first chemical brothers album.  and talking about
'helter-skelter', i remember when i was in germany in 1994 i heard a radio
show with chumbawumba doing the german version of desert island discs, and
they described 'helter-skelter' as 'pure punk'.

i've just put on my study at stow t-shirt, and in three quarters of an hour
i'll be at camden tube looking a bit like oscar wilde with a backpack full
of crisps and jasmine tea.  come up to me and say hi if you want some.

anyway, must rush,

love

Marcus XXX