Sinister: Loads More Bollox, Crap, Arse, etc.

David Moore Daf_Moore at xxx.com
Sun Jul 4 21:17:49 BST 1999

Hi Sinistaurs,

WARNING: Long, ramshackle, going back 2 weeks post, lacking the sparkling
topicality of the newsgroup.

Michele wrote:
        Lest anyone think there is no B&S connection to T. Rex...  our
little batch
        of B&S admirerers in this area might never have been captured by
them had
        someone in our local cd store not been a T. Rex fan in his youth.
When IYFS
        came into the store, he noted the label name and said, "Ah ha!
What is this
        Jeepster thing?  Could they be like T. Rex?  Will I be carried back
to the
        days of my platform knee-high boots?"  Instead of a trip down some
Memory
        Lane of big-hair and mascara, he was awestruck dumb by our mellow
popsters --
        and accosted everyone who came through the shop door, forcing them
to stand
        at the counter and have a listen.

Exremely hard to believe, but I too had a glam interlude between the hippy
& the punk ones. This involved blue stack-heeled boots (& plenty of twisted
ankles), purple brushed denim flared jeans, & my mate Glenda making me up
with lots of mascara & eye shadow. We both had the same shoulder length
hair (hers blonde) & went out as The Glammer Twins (like the Glimmer Twins,
geddit?)

Lesley J asked:

        GRRRRR  what does a Welsh accent sound like??  what kind of accent
did that
        girl have on AbFab who played the dippy blonde chick? i loved her
accent. i
        forget her name rt now.   sorry / i'm interested by different
accents.

Starry Droolz recommended listening to John Cale: - for the best Welsh
accent sample listen to him narrating The Velvet Underground's "The Gift".

Sarah also said that The Word was poo & that repeating it was pooer.
Despite this they did have some good performances: The Lemonheads' "Mrs
Robinson" was great, but I suppose they'll only show L7 beavering away at
"Lets Pretend That We're Dead" (or whatever it was called).*

Mystery guest Tim "It Gouda Been A Brie-lliant Carré" P!O!Pkins wrote:

        I haven't the first foggiest idea what reggae is about. Except 'I
Shot
        The Sheriff' by Eric Clapton.

So he needs to be told that Chris Blackwell is the Saviour of reggae & is
single-handedly responsible for preserving its purity over the last 3
decades.

Oon was excited at seeing Star Wars, which I haven't yet, but I did get
some new Star Wars Lego for Fathers Day, complete with a little cloaked
bloke clutching a light sabre.  She then suggested that Chris send a whole
piss-drenched house to Trousers: that should solve the Post Office's
deficit~ & continued by saying that she always dreamed about Struan in
conjunction with bowls of noodles. She finished with a humpkin patch
tale.........is it then any wonder that pervs will think her dream is about
sex?

Missed seeing that hoary old poodle rocker Daltrey's appearance in The Bill
the other evening, in favour of stepping out with Sally to see Courtney
Love's Hole in Brixton. Hotpants are coming back: the off the wall
bass-player's were leather, I think, to match the F.M. boots, & Ms Love's
were more like a big pink glittery nappy than anything else. B&S content?
she also sported a pair of fairy wings. An experience.

Antje made me sad coz here & in the newsgroup she felt ignored. I suppose
this is going to happen with 1,000+ people sounding off to each other. I
don't think one person can take it all in, let alone respond to every idea
or question floated. So I don't think its anything personal, Antje.
Tschuss, gluckliche Ferien, & hoffentlich sehen wir Dich hier noch einmal.
Reading Sinister posts is now like watching TV for me, & after a while you
get to learn what kind of programmes people make. Being a simple soul, I
watch the news, (I guess thats you, Katrina) & the comedies/cartOons (I
guess thats, er, all those of you that are funny). I tend to skip
documentaries, Question Time & the soaps.

Recently Katrina sounded down: everybody send her a post to brighten her
day at the office & thank her for her hard work keeping us up to speed with
all things B&S & with what's happening at Jeepster Towers.#

Isobel. I don't know her well enough to comment on her temperature, as I've
only seen her 6 times, 5 of which during gigs. I can see that it might be
possible for someone to gain the impression that she's a spoilt little
madam who likes to be the centre of attention, but perhaps its best not to
base a judgement on such limited experience. Perhaps more worrying is her
tendency to dress up as a schoolgirl for performances, and to lug
over-sized cuddly toys about in the videos (makes her look
smaller/younger), given that sensitive teens/twenties are going to
fantasise & form crushes on her.

Rob Halcrow keeps posting about Hot Tuna, & he'll probably be back, Same
Time, Sammy Piazza, Same Channel.

Unashamed begging: would anyone like to send me a tape with Lord Anthony on
it, as I've never heard it? Its OK, really - I have ordered TWO proper
copies of Tigermilk this week, even if they don't have any of those great
extra tracks on them.

Phew! What a monster post. And, as I'm prehistoric, maybe its all true!

(# We already have sign for irony, so I thought that anyone who generally
takes the piss should have one for when they actually mean what they say.)

David Moore
Chelmsford, UK

*Completely unnecessary introduction of smuttiness - sorry.