Sinister: Loads More Bollox, Crap, Arse, etc.

MWaggner at xxx.com MWaggner at xxx.com
Mon Jul 5 15:18:44 BST 1999

David Moore sent quite the huge pile of stuff:

>  & the punk ones. This involved blue stack-heeled boots (& plenty of twisted
>  ankles), purple brushed denim flared jeans, & my mate Glenda making me up
>  with lots of mascara & eye shadow.

Oh oh oh, Mr MOORE!  Have you any photos?  Send them along RIGHT NOW to the
sinisterine gallery... Enquiring Minds Want to Know.  Well, I suspected you
were hiding something under that natty suit and tie in London... as we all
are, David :)  In the attic I have a box of... oh nevermind :)

Wouldn't it be nice to see some photos of Tim P!O!Pkins back... oh, 8 or 10
or 12 years?  I can't imagine.... Now, I can see Keith as a wee boy in a
ruffly edwardian shirt and hip-hugging bell-bottoms, windmilling his air
guitar and diving into his little plastic wading pool which he's filled with
gelatin sugar... the family's broken television set there next to it on the
lawn.  But Tim?  Would it be him done up in his dreadlocks and little rompers
with the red,green,black and yellow Heile Selassie portrait woven in, tending
his little garden of ganja plants?  Perhaps his parents' home movies, with
his mum saying, "And this is our little mon, Tim, eating a cheese
sandwich.... No mon-nie -- don't cry?"

>  some new Star Wars Lego for Fathers Day, complete with a little cloaked
>  bloke clutching a light sabre.

I've never seen a Star Wars film all the way through... but I DID get a light
sabre with a gyroscope in the handle... you push the button and the sabre
part glows... the whole thing makes a sort of revving / whirring noise and it
sort of moves on its own when you swing it... now that I think, it's kind of
like a state of the art sci-fi sex toy for Amazons... did they have them in
the films?

 in favour of stepping out with Sally to see Courtney
>  Love's Hole in Brixton. Hotpants are coming back: the off the wall
>  bass-player's were leather, I think, to match the F.M. boots, & Ms Love's
>  were more like a big pink glittery nappy than anything else. B&S content?
>  she also sported a pair of fairy wings. An experience.

I went to see Hole ... oh, about 4 or 5 years ago, under duress... and I must
say, Courtney was brilliant for what she was.  She took the stage in a ratty
thrift store dress that looked like she'd been doing things you'd rather not
know about in, slung her guitar low on her pelvis, hiked up the dress and put
her foot up on the monitor, showing the crowd of testosterone driven teenaged
boys her panties... and then she played a hard-driving set  that drove them
wild.  She finished by diving into the crowd of lads... lotta guts, that
woman.  At first I thought, "how ridiculous, or insane" but then I realized
she was doing EXACTLY what she meant to do, and she was in complete control
of her persona at the time.  Lotta balls, that Courtney, and more power to
her, whether one likes the music or not.   Sometimes it's great to just
entertain / be entertained.  (Shut up, Hopkins, I believe you've lost some
credibility -- we all KNOW you bought the Paul Kantner memorial stool, the
one preserved in the lava lamp.  It was posted to
alt.MethinksYouDothProtestTooMuch)

(In that box in the attic... one pair of suede hotpants, and one pair of
crocheted ones...down at the bottom, under the mirror dresses....)

>  Isobel. I don't know her well enough to comment on her temperature, as I've
>  only seen her 6 times, 5 of which during gigs. I can see that it might be
>  possible for someone to gain the impression that she's a spoilt little
>  madam who likes to be the centre of attention, but perhaps its best not to
>  base a judgement on such limited experience.

Have to agree here... I've seen 6 gigs as well (would have been 7 if not for
that fateful Philly thing) and began by thinking she was shy then moved on to
thinking she's just pouty and rather self-centered and perhaps working on an
"image."  Nothing wrong with that, if you like the image, but I've been
tempted to act the mom and say, "Wipe that pout off your face young lady,
before it gets stuck like that.  Then you'll be sorry."  Apparently she's
said she thinks Americans hate her -- but it's a big country and I don't
think everyone does -- and she didn't look any happier on stage on her home
turf, or closer to it.  But, she might be perfectly nice and sweet in the
real world, with her friends and her trees. Warm even.  I saw her dressed
like a little cowgirl once... it was slightly more endearing than the
kittycat ears :)

Last night I saw Marine Research... they were wonderful.  And I did think,
partway through, that Amelia was the "real" thing and Miss Isobel could take
some lessons.  I did.  But again, who can tell from gigs, eh?  Am I the only
one (I usually am...) but does Harvey Williams, just how he looks when he's
sitting or standing there, put anyone else in mind of Stuart M?  Sorta.  Oh,
nevermind.

Miss Starry said, a few days back, that she wouldn't be a very good advice
columnist... I disagree, and think everyone should send her their problems
and get a dose of her "tough love" advice :)  Her mix of rude words and
exotic cocktail recipes should straighten out even the saddest and most
forlorn amonst the thousands.  Not to mention her Japanese minimalist trash
bin home decor hints.

Oh, and I was wrong awhile back, about the Hefner single -- it wasn't a "new"
single, it was their first single, that Stuart plays organ on.  But maybe
I've already been corrected.

God, couldn't I be doing something more productive with a day off?  "Yes,"
you say.  So, I'm going to set off some fireworks to celebrate our
independence from the mother country.  A day late, but what the hey.

--michele