Sinister: Open mouth, insert foot (slight return)

stephen hewitt hewits at xxx.uk
Mon Jul 5 16:48:47 BST 1999

I said

> Personal lowlight: NO BLOODY "UP THEIR OWN ARSES" instead two ~very
> appropriate~ videos to finish the hour off "Fight the Power" by Public
Enemy

and Keith said:

>That's nice that they picked the videos following the program.

>Personally I love the video for Fight the Power, I mean, it looks a bit
>cheesy and stuff, but it's got a load of energy. I also like the fact that
>it contrasted with the vids, co-incidentally my pal who taped the thing for
>me stayed up to watch the P.E. vid and the Air vid and taped them for me
>too, which was cool, so it can't be all that bad. I like putting things
that
>contrast right next to each other, I also like Public Enemy loads.

Although I may be digging myself deeper into the hole I am already in, let
me try to explain myself a little more clearly.  Basically I tuned into MTV
to see **an hour** of Belle & Sebastian stuff, including the film (which I
didn't know wasn't going to be on cos I was at Glastonbury when the mail
came through about it).  I didn't expect 50 minutes and then a couple of
seemingly random vids. As it happens I also like PE (not physical
education), in fact in my youth I had a T-Shirt with "Enemy" on the front
and a big target thing on the back, and it was a nice jolt from one to the
other.  But we can see these vids at other times, couldn't they have put
another bit of Bowlie in, he asks rhetorically, as though he was on "Points
of View".  My video of the show does contain the whole hour so if anyone
wants a copy please mail privately, although they might have to wait a bit
cos I'm useless at sending things out (and I'm not sure how to copy videos)
(I also have the Bowlie doc off Radio 1 if anyone hasn't heard it who wants
to).

In other news Hefner were good the other night, but Billy Mahonie who
supported were possibly IMHO better if you like
instrumentally-post-rocky-yet still with tunes-y kinda stuff, which I didn't
but now I do.

Aren't we all glad that the people who interpret Nostradamus were wrong and
the world didn't end yesterday, I know I am.

A scary man in a Cradle of Filth T-shirt asked me to be in his band on
Saturday night and I was almost too scared to say no, I just kind of ummed
and ahhed until he went away.

Ooh hurray another Tigermilking in August.  I here by declare that by hook
or by crook I SHALL MAKE IT to this one, and you can quote me on that.

xoxo
CarsmileSteve