Sinister: pernice brothers

Martin Horsfield mart at xxx.uk
Mon Jul 5 18:51:46 BST 1999

JJ asked about the Pernice Brothers... Well, they're ex-members of The
Scud Mountain Boys from, erm, somewhere in the mid-West, I forget where.
Anyway, their album 'Overcome By Happiness' was a surprise treat last
year, sounding like a gentler, wearier Teenage Fanclub. There's lots of
strings, harmonies and brass on there - give it a try. Excitingly
enough, I won my copy on the much-missed Keith Cameron show on XFM.

Speaking of radio, any South African sinisterines (there must be some)
can hear yours truly live on South African radio this Thursday night for
reasons that are far too conovoluted to go into.

Hey, I've got the week off. Wonder if my copy of 'Tigermilk' will arrive
then I can spend all day listening to it.

Martin